Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    I apologize as I am sure this more than likely come up in the 15 previous pages but is there any rhyme or reason to how these are processed? Or is this the point of this entire thread.......... that there is no method to the madness.
    Most seem to go through without a problem. But for some reason many people get hung up in the FBI background check part for a really long time. It seems when they are sent over to the FBI for them to do the check, they get them out of order or something that causes some to sit for a really long time before being processed. No one has really figured that part out yet.

Comment

I'm sitting at 276 days since purchase on my AAC 7.62 SDN-6 so wish me luck, also sitting at 234 on my first SBR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
        I'm sitting at 276 days since purchase on my AAC 7.62 SDN-6 so wish me luck, also sitting at 234 on my first SBR

Are you hung the the FBI background check status as well?

Comment

Sounds like our explosive permits that we renew each year. We don't receive our "permit" until 11 months later when it's time to send in the new...

Comment

What number do you call to check? I’m sitting at 9 months since my check cashed on a form 4.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              Are you hung the the FBI background check status as well?

That I'm not sure as I haven't called

Comment

Originally posted by TCB View Post
                What number do you call to check? I’m sitting at 9 months since my check cashed on a form 4.
                304-616-4500
                Let them know you would like to check the status of your form. They will ask for your serial number, who it is being transferred from, and who it is being transferred to. They will tell you the current status. Don't expect them to really answer any other questions about the process.

Seems to be quite a few of us in the same time frame that have not been approved. Maybe the guy that works on submissions from TX is really slow at his job??
                Last edited by duckmanep; 09-19-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Form 4 individual
                  Mailed on Feb 8
                  Stamp approved Sept 20

Comment

^^ glad you didn't get stuck like many of us

Comment

Called last week and they said “your name is not what we have on file for that serial number”. So we double checked everything and got the same results. After a little digging it turns out that somehow silencershop submitted another person with the same serial number as mine! So the ATF had 2 applications with the same serial number but on two totally different cans (mine is a Omega, the other guys was a YHM). I was told it wouldn’t affect my wait.

Comment

Just got a call Friday evening that mine is ready to pick up. Just over 7 months. Pleasantly surprised to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertx View Post
                          Just got a call Friday evening that mine is ready to pick up. Just over 7 months. Pleasantly surprised to say the least

Trust or individual

Comment

Trust

Comment

Approved! 11 months for form 4 trust

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                                Approved! 11 months for form 4 trust
                                congrats. maybe they will get to us December folks soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X