No announcement yet.

Ttsx no blood trail 3 hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shoot the 90 gr. XBT in my 257 Roberts and the 140 gr. TTSX in my 7mm RSAUM. No telling how many whitetails, mule deer, aoudad, sheep, and pigs I've killed with those bullets. I've only had one white tail that ran about 40 yards after being punched through the lungs with the 90 gr. pill. A big pig sucked up the 140 gr. TTSX out of my 7mm RSAUM and went down flopping. While I shot at the others running up the hill that pig got up and moved up the draw. I ever found it. The shot angle was steep downhill and the shot should have gone between the shoulder blades into the spine. I can only guess that I missed the mark a little bit.

I've had great success with the TSX/TTSX in those calibers. I usually take a high shoulder shot and everything has been DRT.

Comment

This is why I don’t shoot them high dollar bullets just to many horror stories. I’ve had great success with the hornady BTHP out of my 260 and 308. I also really like a good ballistic tip either vmax or noslers have worked well for me. Before I reloaded my own I just shot ol corelocts and always had good luck with them.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
        Thanks for all replies, may I can get my convidince back. Rain this morning so still need to verify zero befor blaming my choice of bullet.
        If you have a small hole in and small hole out it's the bullet.
        Earholed em or hit bone .
        What's your average shot distance at night?
        Why waste money on high dollar bullets to kill hogs?
        Get you some Rem coreloc and start putting them down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
          what are the thoughts on Nosler BT hunters vs accubond. Are the Accurbond bullets gonna have similar results as the TTSX? I want expansion with lots of blood to follow.
          I shoot the accubond out of my 257 weatherby. Couldnt tell you what kind of blood trail it makes because every deer has dropped where it stood. All punched through the shoulders except one in the neck because it was behind a tree.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
            If you have a small hole in and small hole out it's the bullet.
            Earholed em or hit bone .
            What's your average shot distance at night?
            Why waste money on high dollar bullets to kill hogs?
            Get you some Rem coreloc and start putting them down.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
            shoots are 85 yards or so. I tend to find the best shooting/ potential hunting built and stick with it for Deer, hogs etc. This way I am not needing to adjust my scope all the time to the bullet. I may be approaching this all wrong, but that is my thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              You can get that and an exit wound. I want them leaking from as many holes as possible after I liquify their insides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              That's fair. Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                This is why I don’t shoot them high dollar bullets just to many horror stories. I’ve had great success with the hornady BTHP out of my 260 and 308. I also really like a good ballistic tip either vmax or noslers have worked well for me. Before I reloaded my own I just shot ol corelocts and always had good luck with them.
                Not to hijack the thread, but would you happen to know if the Hornady BTHP you are shooting out of the 260 is the same one they use in the 140 grain American Gunner 6.5 Creedmoor ammo? My hunting rifle absolutely loves this ammo, as does my wallet, I am just afraid of the terminal performance being that it is a "match" bullet.

Comment

]Ok finally got it done with a TTSX. This was from a .270 Winchester I just finished building
                  This is how my .270 Winchester sits now. If picture shows? https://imgur.com/Uz4dUuJ I have so far upgraded my bolt carrier, replaced ejector, detent and spring, replaced plastic triger guarded with metal and set it in a Boyd's prairie hunter walnut stock. Plans are as following. I am waiting on a x-caliber 25" 416R Stainless Steel, light puma contour, 1:10 Twist 5R Groove w/ 11 degree crown, cryogenic treated. I have new new nut and recoil lug and barrel nut wrench waiting for

In the face.

Comment

Everyone seems to be saying you need more velocity. My experience with the TTSX bullets is opposite. I hit a whitetail at 150 yds with my 300wsm. The deer ran approximately 100 yards, left no blood trail at all, and we were lucky we had a good tracker that found him. No exit, and one small entrance wound with in the shoulder where I shot him.

The next deer I shot at 406 yds, and ran about 30 yds and looked like a murder scene. Massive exit wound.

I believe, and have heard, they get more expansion at lower velocity, and what I experienced makes it seem true.

This is just my 2 cents worth. I changed bullets after the second deer. Not all my shots are that far.

Comment

Working...
                    X