Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
hunterdrake
Ten Point
 
hunterdrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texarkana
Hunt In: Red River County
Default Deer Alert

Rogerís Sporting Goods has the Primos Double Bull Deluxe on sale for $249. There is also a $75 rebate from Primos. Free shipping and no tax if in Texas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hunterdrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-06-2018, 08:15 PM   #2
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Nice! They matched Midways deal
Antlers86 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

I bought one of these last year when they had the same deal. I just put it out last weekend and I'm not impressed. I don't care for it much honestly. The window system and placement isn't good and they don't even have shoot-through mesh over the windows.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #4
Passafist
Four Point
 
Passafist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Palo Pinto County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
I bought one of these last year when they had the same deal. I just put it out last weekend and I'm not impressed. I don't care for it much honestly. The window system and placement isn't good and they don't even have shoot-through mesh over the windows.
I love mine so Iíll take yours since youíre going to throw it away
Passafist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Mr. Whiskers
Pope & Young
 
Mr. Whiskers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Magnolia, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
I bought one of these last year when they had the same deal. I just put it out last weekend and I'm not impressed. I don't care for it much honestly. The window system and placement isn't good and they don't even have shoot-through mesh over the windows.
Yessir. Bought 3 two years ago and 2 are already trashed. Windows suck to adjust as well.
Mr. Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 02:38 PM   #6
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passafist View Post
I love mine so Iíll take yours since youíre going to throw it away
Who said anything about throwing it away? I said I don't like it. It's over-priced for what it is. You can get a better blind for 1/2 that price.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #7
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Who said anything about throwing it away? I said I don't like it. It's over-priced for what it is. You can get a better blind for 1/2 that price.
Great to know! I haven't pulled the trigger yet and looks like I won't.
Antlers86 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 03:39 PM   #8
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Who said anything about throwing it away? I said I don't like it. It's over-priced for what it is. You can get a better blind for 1/2 that price.
What pop up for 125-145$ is better?
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 03:46 PM   #9
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
What pop up for 125-145$ is better?
Pretty much all of them.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ame...dCatid=3676092

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ame...dCatid=1245204

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gam...dCatid=5427087

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunt...3.uts?slotId=1

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunt...4.uts?slotId=2

There's a few. I've used the Ameristep for years and they are better than this one for me. You can catch them on sale for under $100 all the time too.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #10
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

You guys that have this blind and like it, that's great. That's why they make a million different ones, because we all like something different. I don't like it. The window system is a pain to use, the other windows don't have mesh over them, the zippers don't seal at all, the door is tiny to try to get in and out of with gear. You can seal this blind up as tight as it gets and a bird could still get in nevermind bugs. At least with my cheap Ameristep I can get in it and not have to fight mosquitoes and the windows are high enough for a tall guy like me to shoot through without bending over. If you're a shorter guy and don't hunt where mosquitoes and gnats are a problem you may love it. I'm not that guy.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #11
150class
Pope & Young
 
150class's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowSlayer View Post
Pretty much all of them.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ame...dCatid=3676092

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/ame...dCatid=1245204

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/gam...dCatid=5427087

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunt...3.uts?slotId=1

https://www.cabelas.com/product/hunt...4.uts?slotId=2

There's a few. I've used the Ameristep for years and they are better than this one for me. You can catch them on sale for under $100 all the time too.
Dang I must have had bad luck. Iíve had two of those ameristeps with no luck with a hub pole breaking and some pretty bad fading but still have a couple of the DBís set up with no issues besides a branch poking a hole. I by no means will pay full price for a DB but when they are on sale I feel they are worth it.

Used to have a Rhino blind that was awesome and bought it on sale from Bass pro for 125$ but havenít seen any since
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #12
BowSlayer
Pope & Young
 
BowSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Troup
Hunt In: Smith and Sutton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Dang I must have had bad luck. Iíve had two of those ameristeps with no luck with a hub pole breaking and some pretty bad fading but still have a couple of the DBís set up with no issues besides a branch poking a hole. I by no means will pay full price for a DB but when they are on sale I feel they are worth it.

Used to have a Rhino blind that was awesome and bought it on sale from Bass pro for 125$ but havenít seen any since
Not all DB are the same. There has to be a better DB out there than this one or nobody would buy them for their crazy price.
BowSlayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com