Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the penalty should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used to have a guy that lived above us in College. We were on the 2nd floor, his apartment was the same one, just one floor above.

He would come into our apartment all of the time, but he would take one step, realize where he was and just turn around and walk out. Cursing at himself for doing it again.

I thought it was hilarious. We kept our door unlocked, and even propped open most of the time. We would have random people stop over all the time. Great times, but different it seems. That was just 15 yrs ago now.

Comment

on serious note... her being a police officer shouldnt come into play....
      The circumstances were the circumstances... unfortunate but negligent and avoidable.
      manslaughter with a side of civil suit now because somehow the City and Police departments are to blame for arming this person..and family gotta get paid yo.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        The circumstances were the circumstances... unfortunate but negligent and avoidable.
        manslaughter with a side of civil suit now because somehow the City and Police departments are to blame for arming this person..and family gotta get paid yo.
        Agree.

Comment

Sad deal.

Comment

Appears to be reckless conduct, at least from the facts known now, that will support an aggravated assault with deadly weapon charge.

Comment

There is ALWAYS more to the story.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Horrible, tragic story. Here's how I can see it happening - she is on high alert because "her" door is unlocked so she pulls her gun. It's dark inside so she doesn't immediately recognize it's not her place. The guy is in bed and hears someone come in so he jumps up and runs to the door. She panics when she sees him coming toward her in the dark - boom. That might not be what happened of course - we will see...

Comment

But now Kaperdick wil have another story to tell........

Comment

Spurned booty call revenge masked with the oopsdididothat defense

Comment

Man that sucks for the person she killed. Sitting in their own home and shot.

It’s a accident but hard to argue a life for a life I feel like. Unless you’d rather give jail for life. Either or I guess.

Crappy situation

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                        Penalty? I think you have to be guilty first, then go to penalty.

Not saying she might be wrong, not saying she might be right, just saying........

Always best to wait until the investigation is complete, and let the chips land where they fall.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
                        That would be my opinion also, but it just doesn't look good on the surface. It's hard for me to swallow that she didn't know it was not her apartment, and that she would shoot the guy with no conversation. I don't know that there was no conversation between them, but it seems highly unlikely that an officer would just shoot someone without at least a "who the hell are you and what are doing here ?" IMO, anyone who shoots first and questions later doesn't have the temperment to tote a badge, unless of course they are being threatened with deadly force.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          Horrible, tragic story. Here's how I can see it happening - she is on high alert because "her" door is unlocked so she pulls her gun. It's dark inside so she doesn't immediately recognize it's not her place. The guy is in bed and hears someone come in so he jumps up and runs to the door. She panics when she sees him coming toward her in the dark - boom. That might not be what happened of course - we will see...
                          Credible scenario, John.
                          This is about the best case for the officer. Hope there are no other elements involved -- alcohol, personal relationship -- besides honest mistake, perhaps due to fatigue after work shift.

Comment

Apartments should be banned.
                            High capacity apartments are to blame

Comment

I wonder how it would play out if the officer was the one that got shot?

Any chance the apartment dweller is justified and is set free?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                That would be my opinion also, but it just doesn't look good on the surface. It's hard for me to swallow that she didn't know it was not her apartment, and that she would shoot the guy with no conversation. I don't know that there was no conversation between them, but it seems highly unlikely that an officer would just shoot someone without at least a "who the hell are you and what are doing here ?" IMO, anyone who shoots first and questions later doesn't have the temperment to tote a badge, unless of course they are being threatened with deadly force.
                                True, but I see a lot of people "guilty by public opinion," and it usually taints other people. I worked a case several years ago, man sat in jail for six months and was looking at 25 to life for beating and raping his girlfriend. All said and done, he lost that six months of his life due to shoddy police work and the fact that she lied to get revenge because she heard thru the grapevine that he slept with her friend. She wrote me a 13 page statement on how and why she lied, and our interview was recorded.

But will say years ago, when I worked as LEO, yeah, things don't smell right.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X