No announcement yet.

Peeing out the door, proven wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pee all over everything at all times for any reason.

Comment

I tested this theory out several times. From what I've seen they aren't deterred by pee at all. My guess is it was your scent that busted you. I peed right in the center of my hand corn one time and watched the deer come up and sniff it and continue eating.

Comment

So then doe pee or doe in estrous doesn't work either then, right. Pee smells like pee.

I tend to agree. I heard a pro one time in a clinic say.....if deer run from all non deer pee they come across then they would never quit running.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

One time I peed in a scrape and had 2 or 3 young bucks come and check it out while I was sitting. One of them actually followed the scent back to the tree I was in and handed me a pamphlet on how to stop drinking.

Comment

Pee had nothing to do with it. Ya'll just got winded in general. Would have gotten busted with or without the pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
              If they did wind you it wasn’t the pee IMO
              Agree, i dumped my pee bottle under the same tree in view of the camera. Everyone stopped to smell it but non seemed bothered. Except the bucks who had to over pee my pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Popcorn ready.....

I have peed in scrapes and watched deer work it from the blind later that afternoon....
                Yeah, but you're more of a doe......

Comment

Killed my biggest buck (173") just after he put his head down and sniffed the base of my tree where I had peed three times that morning. Picked his head up and just kept walking then shot him at seven yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    So then doe pee or doe in estrous doesn't work either then, right. Pee smells like pee.

I tend to agree. I heard a pro one time in a clinic say.....if deer run from all non deer pee they come across then they would never quit running.
                    No....it has estrous in it. It's that "flava" that lets the fellas know its time.

Pee is pee, I would say.

Comment

I peed in a scrape one morning after a night of over indulging on Crown Royal and that evening a buck showed up at that scrape with some ice and Diet Coke!!!

No human urine does not spook deer... At least the deer I've hunted in the 40+ years..

Comment

I have a urinal in my elevated box blind made of a plastic funnel in a corner attached to a garden hose that runs down one leg and buried in the ground. It's not because I'm worried about scent it's because I don't want to open the door to let it fly. I'm dang sure not going to use a bottle and have to sit there with it and carry it out or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Popcorn ready.....

I have peed in scrapes and watched deer work it from the blind later that afternoon....

but did you leave a growler as well ??

Comment

Originally posted by HDWRENCH View Post
                            but did you leave a growler as well ??

Nope.....those would flare a tank...

Comment

Well I've been told some urine.... Not mine of course.... Smells of very strong asparagus. So unless you are planting asparagus in your food plots.... You got it. Other than that, I really think they busted the both of you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Over the years, especially making mock scrapes with my own urine or killing a monster buck on top of last nights raw oysters and beer that wouldn’t hold...I can unequivocally say that human excrement if anything attracts deer.

This is deer only.

Comment

Working...
                                X