Best climbing sticks for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best climbing sticks for the money

Wife got me a new hang on stand, and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on good climbing sticks for cheap. I mostly do public land hunts and will have to carry them around with me when I go out in the woods. Thanks!

Anyone had any luck with the Guide Gear ones?

Comment

GO aluminum.

Comment

Lone wolf

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by El suave View Post
          Lone wolf
          Great light stackable sticks, expensive but worth it!

Comment

Yeah, just hard for me to spend over 100 bucks on them though...

Comment

Well you did say the "best" for the money and not economical that works. following because I'd like to know.

Comment

Good aluminum sticks and cheap don't normally go together.

You can pick up a decent set on Amazon of Big Game sticks for around $100.

Comment

I own at least 3 sets of these and have zero complaints. I climb using these sticks the whole season besides when I'm in a pop up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                    I own at least 3 sets of these and have zero complaints. I climb using these sticks the whole season besides when I'm in a pop up.
                    I have those also. But, they stay out year round. Do you pack them in and out each hunt? I thought he wanted portable?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      I have those also. But, they stay out year round. Do you pack them in and out each hunt? I thought he wanted portable?
                      No I keep mine up but they are pretty lightweight and easy to put up/break down. With a few bungies they can be held together.

Could even lose 1/4 of the sticks and only hunt from 15'.

Comment

I have used those ameristep sticks as well. They work fine and are easy to setup. They are limited in that you need a pretty straight tree. The steps that are independent and do not stack all together are a much more flexible system. It really annoys me to not be able to hunt the tree I want to hunt because it is too crooked or has a big limb that I need to dog leg around.

Price is certainly right for them. If you are only buying one set and will be carrying it a lot, I'd suggest buying quality aluminum. Rat hole some money and be done with it. I go cheaper because I don't carry mine in and out and I have many setups.

Comment

Anybody got some they want to sell on the cheap? Pm me

Comment

these are some great packable sticks. I'm a lone wolf fan myself but tried out a set of these my buddy has and i liked them as well. You can probably find them around $75-80
                            Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                              these are some great packable sticks. I'm a lone wolf fan myself but tried out a set of these my buddy has and i liked them as well. You can probably find them around $75-80
                              http://hawkhunting.myshopify.com/pro...climbing-stick

I was literally about to post asking if anyone had any experience with those. I like that they are 2 lbs each and fold up. Might get those bad boys.

Comment

Working...
                              X