Shimano vs Lews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shimano vs Lews

Needing some advice on my next purchase. I am looking at buying a Shimano Curado 70 or a Lews lite, anyone have any experience on these reels? It will be going on my new Waterloo HP Lite and plan to use it for reds and trout.

I have one of the Lews inshore reels and its bad to the bone!.. Its not the "Lite" so I cant testify to that particular model, but I do like the one I have.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
      I have one of the Lews inshore reels and its bad to the bone!.. Its not the "Lite" so I cant testify to that particular model, but I do like the one I have.
      Yea I have heard good things about Lews.

Comment

Lews seem to fish "dirty" alittle better than Shimano. Also the drag washers seem to hold up better throwing braid.

Comment

My dad has a curado and its picky about bein clean, I fished with a buddies lews today and it was pretty sweet

Comment

Lews imo, i have 2 and i love them no issues from me

Comment

I have absolutely loved Shimano. I don't think you can go wrong with both of those choices though.

Comment

Have used Shimanos exclusively for about 30 years. My sons grew up using Shimanos. My son who fishes big money saltwater tournaments is now using Lews. I probably will get some myself. Agree with the comments about Shimanos needing to be cleaned a lot

Comment

I've always been a Shimano guy but just bought my first 2 Lews today. I've been hearing and reading nothing but good things and my newest curado has not impressed. Academy is running a sale on the BB1 inshore for $120 reg $200.

Comment

Like them both but lews is now my preference

Comment

I prefer the Shimano Calcutta line

Comment

Curados have gone downhill in recent years. I've never bought any real except Curados, but I've been so disappointed lately that I bought a Lews last week. I really like it so far.

Comment

Shimano! I could go into why but hey what's the use.

Or I could just show you some pictures of big winter trout with Shimanos in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've gone to the daiwa coastals. I was replacing bearing on my shimanos every other year. I have had my coastals for three years now and no issues what so ever.

Comment

Shimano. All day. I've got 10. Wouldn't change a thing

Comment

Working...
                              X