No announcement yet.

Cool find at deer camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a cistern. I’d fill it in ASAP. Pretty dangerous things. We have a concrete slab over the one at our deer camp.

Comment

If you didn't say Young county I would have sworn that was in Caldwell county off Mineral Springs Rd- there is one nearly identical. Very cool find
      Last edited by Patton; 11-06-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

We came across a cistern on my family's place. Cleaned it up a little and found a name carved in the rock with the year "1933." After some research, we found out the name was the grandson of the land's previous owner. There's no telling what you can find hidden back in the woods. That hog/snake combo is pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
          We came across a cistern on my family's place. Cleaned it up a little and found a name carved in the rock with the year "1933." After some research, we found out the name was the grandson of the land's previous owner. There's no telling what you can find hidden back in the woods. That hog/snake combo is pretty cool!
          Cool. We’re gona give it a good look-see after deer season

Comment

How deep is it? Shallow enough for an extension ladder to get you to the bottom? Reason I ask is that you were talking about metal detecting for artifacts around the area. Those, and where the outhouse sat, are often the richest areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Poor piggy!

Comment

Working...
              X