Fishing in San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing in San Diego

Will be headed to San Diego the last week of June. Looking to do a day trip... anybody have contacts or used a guide there in the past they will vouch for?

Thanks
    Josh

Fishing in San Diego

I’d probably see what’s open through H&M landing if you’re doing a day trip
    They have a detailed trip calendar, with number of spots open, type of fishing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sparkles; 04-12-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

What are you looking for?
      Fresh or salt?
      Inshore or out passed the kelp beds?

Comment

The Dolphin is 85 ft. x 26 ft., has the most deck and galley space and is the smoothest riding Half Day boat in California. Many anglers have caught their first ocean fish while on a Half Day trip aboard the Dolphin. It is a great trip for anglers of...

Jason can take care of most if your needs
        If you want to run down to Baja for some tuna he can point you to a few folks as well

You don't need a guide to pick sandabs, cast into the surf and catch perch in ankle deep water in Pacific Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
          I’d probably see what’s open through H&M landing if you’re doing a day trip
          They have a detailed trip calendar, with number of spots open, type of fishing...

X2 fished with them many times. Take your passport in case they are gettting into some yellowtail on the day trips headed south.

Comment

San Diego Texas?

Comment

El Gato Dos, Seaforth Landing

Comment

Private Fishing Charters in San Diego, Ca - Offering Half and Full Day Sport Fishing Adventures Aboard Luxury Charter Boats.

We went with these guys and Had a great time.

The deck hand was a sharp shooter with a sling shot. He could bounce marbles off a seals head at 30 yards. When they found out we were Texans the rest of the trip was spent talking about guns.

Comment

Thanks for the leads, will be checking them out this weekend

Comment

Fishing in San Diego

Man, I miss San Diego. I was stationed there from ‘94 - ‘98. On a good El Niño year the dorado and yellowtail were thick around the kelp paddies, but my favorite was when the albacore were running.

If it were me, I’d try to do a 1.5 day limited load trip on a party boat....leave Friday night, return Sunday morning. If you can only do a day trip, I’d go private charter....although the day trip party boats can be fun if you set realistic expectations.

Comment

Working...
                    X