Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever had a child born with a club foot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever had a child born with a club foot?

My daughter born a few days after Christmas was born with a club foot. The ortho doc say 6 weeks of casting then surgery to clip her Achilles’ tendon? Then a brace to where on her leg at night? I’m a little nervous about the surgery part. Cutting your Achilles’ tendon can’t feel good. And it seems like it would take forever to heal? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife's brother and one of her sister's had club feet. I think her sister's was the worst and she spent time in braces and crutches and had multiple surgeries. This was 30ish years ago. Her brother ended up playing soccer and is an F-35 pilot for the Air Force and her sister runs marathons and triathalon's. I will ask my wife's parents if you would like.

Comment

Heart wrenching scary. God bless the little doll.

Comment

Prayers up for your little one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
          My daughter born a few days after Christmas was born with a club foot. The ortho doc say 6 weeks of casting then surgery to clip her Achilles’ tendon? Then a brace to where on her leg at night? I’m a little nervous about the surgery part. Cutting your Achilles’ tendon can’t feel good. And it seems like it would take forever to heal? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My son Colten was born with two club feet , both turned inward at birth. We took him to Texas Children's when he was a few months old. No surgery, cast for a while , then special shoes for a while . He is now 25 years old, he played t ball, football , ran like a normal kid. The good Lord makes everything perfect

Comment

I don't know about the surgery but I spent several months in a cast when I was born to correct things. My dad was in Korea when I was born and received a telegram saying he had a healthy boy with clubbed feet. He thought I had no feet and spent several hours trying to call and find out what was going on. I would imagine that techniques have improved some since 1964.

Comment

My cousin had two club feet when he was born. He’s had a normal life since they corrected it. Scottish Rite fixed him up with multiple surgeries and braces. All will be fine, just take a little time. Prayers up.

Comment

I imagine that is scary and heartbreaking, but it sounds like it is correctible.

Prayers for your little baby girl!

Comment

Thanks for the prayers. Apparently it’s really common and treatable. I think the fact that she can’t tell us if something hurts is what’s bothering me.

Comment

My daughter born a few days after Christmas was born with a club foot.
                    I think the fact that she can’t tell us if something hurts is what’s bothering me.

Why couldn't you wait till she gets older? My neighbor's boy had club feet or foot, don't remember if it was one or both. But she took him to a Dr. in Iowa when he was 3 or 4 yrs old. He's 13 now and you wouldn't ever know he had it.

Comment

I was born that way. I had surgeries, casts, and braces for years. I don't remember any of it, but my momma has shown me pictures. I had no long term issues and was perfectly fine after all the procedures were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        Why couldn't you wait till she gets older? My neighbor's boy had club feet or foot, don't remember if it was one or both. But she took him to a Dr. in Iowa when he was 3 or 4 yrs old. He's 13 now and you wouldn't ever know he had it.

They say the quicker you take care of it the better off you are.

Comment

Prayers Up Your Family.

Comment

Son of one of my buddies was born with this condition. They went through the surgery as you've described. I think he's 10 years old now. You'd be at know had ever had anything wrong. That boy is a baseball playing fool.

Comment

Anytime your child has surgery it's an uneasy/helpless and scary feeling. Prayers sent!

Comment

Working...
                              X