4x8 Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x8 Blind Build

I started building a new blind a few weeks ago that was big enough for two people. The wife & usaully just bow hunt but there is an area at the lease that you can see for ever & during the rut she enjoys hunting that area. I am going to put 8ft 4x4 legs on it once it is in the woods. I have it built so it will come apart & then I can re-assemble in the woods. I have three coats of primer & two coats of paint on the platform. I have two coats of primer on the wall frames. Once I get finished buiding it, I am going to primer the outside three times & put two coats of paint on it. Going to have sliding plexi glass windows when it is all said & done. Let me know what you think about it so far...

thats a good idea on the legs. Nice job

Comment

should be good and sturdy w/ the full 2X4 studs. We always ripped ours down to 2X2's. Lookin good so far. Good thing you're putting plenty of coats of primer/paint on that OSB.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Home depot sells 1 x 2' sliding windows that work great for deer blinds (rifle). There like 30 bucks. Just built a new blind with them. You should check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by philafal View Post
            Home depot sells 1 x 2' sliding windows that work great for deer blinds (rifle). There like 30 bucks. Just built a new blind with them. You should check them out.
            Do you have a picture of the windows you are talking about or could you post a link for homedepot that shows me what windows you are talking about. I was going to build them myself but if there is something better I am willing to try it out...Thanks for the help...

Comment

They are aluminum windows and they work great. You cant build a window much cheaper unless you just use a piece of wood. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Comment

nice blind

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	blind.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	23943673

hard to see but its there.. (i painted it)

Comment

Nice.

Comment

sweet

Comment

Good looking blind. Where did you get the leg braces?

Comment

man that's a sweet looking blind, good luck in it this season

Comment

Originally posted by SOLID EAGLE View Post
                            Good looking blind. Where did you get the leg braces?
                            I ordered them from gandermoutain. I know its hard to believe that gandermoutain was the cheapest place $79.99. I ordered them online b/c gandermoutain does not charge for shipping. However I saw them at Academy the other day for $74.99. It is atleast an hour drive for me to the nearest Academy so the gandermoutain was cheaper...

Comment

good stuff there man

Comment

Working...
                              X