Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
    In for dfw area.
    Im guessing you didnt read all the way through the thread.....tournament in Kingwood this year.

Comment

I will post a thread when I have everything inked. But, we have played Austin for years, Ft. Worth for a couple and now will give H-town a chance to show they can have a great turn out.

Looks like we will be playing Oakhurst Golf Club (http://www.oakhurstgolfclub.com/) this year. It's just off 59 in Porter/Kingwood.

They have pretty beer cart girls , and the food is very good, from what I have been told. (Curt - tell them your thoughts.) And their price is right for our players.

Those that ask how good you need to be to play.....well, you just have to be good enough to have a great time This is not what anyone would call a serious tournament

I will give more game day details, probably Monday. I am off tomorrow late afternoon for the weekend. I will be with J-Bone's bride to be for her bachelorette party. Vacay time for me at the beach (with tons of sunscreen for this pasty white skin...LOL).

Comment

It's In Houston, we had a good run, don't be a pain in Mary's ***...until after the tournament.

I'll do my best to make it, that looks like the first open weekend I have from here till then.

I will say this...Houston, you are on notice! You better turn out in a LARGE way or the ration of **** you will catch will be steady, intense, and un-ending!

FORE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oakhurst is not bad, gets a lot of play. Played it a couple times.

Comment

Oh almost forgot, will have to check to see if the quidditch tournament is that weekend.

Comment

How far is the cart ride to the trophy ceremony?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Lmbo...I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                  Oh almost forgot, will have to check to see if the quidditch tournament is that weekend.
                  Forget all that garbage and start practicing putting.

Comment

Yayyy! Right down the road. Oakhurst is a nice course. Played it quite a bit with several different sales departments. I am in like flynn.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

At this point, it looks like we will be doing it there with a fajita dinner. (I hear they have some great fajitas.)

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                        At this point, it looks like we will be doing it there with a fajita dinner. (I hear they have some great fajitas.)

I'll (skeptically) take your word for it.... but how late are they open?

Comment

This conflicts with the Crappienanzapaloozabeerfest so perhaps next year if there is a repeat in the Houston area. Hit 'em straight.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                            TTT for Houston (metroplex)

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                              I will post a thread when I have everything inked. But, we have played Austin for years, Ft. Worth for a couple and now will give H-town a chance to show they can have a great turn out.

Looks like we will be playing Oakhurst Golf Club (http://www.oakhurstgolfclub.com/) this year. It's just off 59 in Porter/Kingwood.

They have pretty beer cart girls , and the food is very good, from what I have been told. (Curt - tell them your thoughts.) And their price is right for our players.

Those that ask how good you need to be to play.....well, you just have to be good enough to have a great time This is not what anyone would call a serious tournament

I will give more game day details, probably Monday. I am off tomorrow late afternoon for the weekend. I will be with J-Bone's bride to be for her bachelorette party. Vacay time for me at the beach (with tons of sunscreen for this pasty white skin...LOL).
                              Oakhurst is a decent track that plays pretty generously. It's wide, not a lot of water and not crazy long. Course is usually in great shape.

I don't think it ever matters how good you are on any given golf course....that's why they sell balls in boxes of 12.

I've had our company golf tournament there for 11 out of the last 12 years and they always do a great job hosting. Food has always been good. People are always great to deal with. I know the guy that owns the course and to say that it's not "stuffy" is an understatement. Oakhurst is very laid back.

For those of you coming in from out of town, there are several nice places to stay within just a few miles and lots of good places to eat very close by.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTNSTR8 View Post
                                This conflicts with the Crappienanzapaloozabeerfest so perhaps next year if there is a repeat in the Houston area. Hit 'em straight.

Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X