Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
    Run as fast as you can.....
    For an untitled motor yes. As far a the vessel goes you may still be able to get a title for it not sure but never buy an untitled outboard in texas, next to impossible to ever get a title for it.

Comment

You also can’t have a hand written bill of sale. It has to specifically be from tpwd. I’m going through that hassle now. It’s a pita

Comment

Don't do it until he has a CLEAR title in his hand that is in his name. I promise you do not want that hassle that will end up with you not being able to title and register it.

Comment

It a pain. Even though I had clear paperwork showing transfer of ownership and bill of sales, I had to track down the previous owner and get his estate to sign off and generate a direct bill of sale. I would not do it again.

Comment

Again.. Run away as fast as you can... I've owned boats my entire life.. and the two that had title problems I should have burned or sank.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
              Run as fast as you can.....
              This !!!!!
              Even if the boat is free its not worth the hassle.

Comment

Make them do it before you give anybody any money!!! I am currently going through this and have almost given up!

Comment

Title issues on a boat are a NIGHTMARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    Title issues on a boat are a NIGHTMARE!
                    Yes, they certainly are. I'll never do it again...either get the current owner to do what he should have done in the beginning, or walk away. Just my opinion

Comment

Some of the comments on here are pretty funny . It’s fairly easy to get a boat titled if you have the title , now if there is no title then yeah I’d say run . There is also something called skipped title , if the guy you are buying from sighned and dated the title when he bought it then get him transfer to his name then sighn it over to you . IF Never sighned it then just put your name under buyer and proceed to put it in your name .

Comment

I see the following all the time on ads for boats and cars: "No title but it's easy to get one." If it's so easy, why doesn't the seller go get it? Legally you can't sell a boat without the title being in your name. Run. If nothing else it'll save you the potential hassle of dealing with something the seller was obviously too lazy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                          I see the following all the time on ads for boats and cars: "No title but it's easy to get one." If it's so easy, why doesn't the seller go get it? Legally you can't sell a boat without the title being in your name. Run. If nothing else it'll save you the potential hassle of dealing with something the seller was obviously too lazy to do.
                          Taxes.

Comment

Either run away or do the whole transaction at the TPWD office, so they can walk you through the whole process!! Lots of things can go wrong.

Comment

The dude has the title for the boat in his possession ! It can be worked out , don’t let these other guys scare you away !

Comment

Working...
                              X