Youth crossbow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth crossbow?

My 7 yr old daughter is showing more and more interest in hunting with me so I’m doing what I can to get her interested. We have been shooting the AR-15 and she’s been doing great. Today she asked about a crossbow and I don’t know much about them. Any recommendations that won’t break the bank but are good enough to hunt with. We have an exotic hunt in October and I told her she could kill a ram when we go.

I love my Sniper 370 but she may be better off with a crossbow that has the reel type pull. I'm pretty sure you would have to pull the cocking rope on a sniper 370. Beyond that though, it's easy to handle and shoot accurately

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
      I love my Sniper 370 but she may be better off with a crossbow that has the reel type pull. I'm pretty sure you would have to pull the cocking rope on a sniper 370. Beyond that though, it's easy to handle and shoot accurately
      x2

Comment

Been looking at the Barnett Youth Crossbow 100 today. Any thoughts?

Comment

I got the Caldwell deadshot field pod for my boys. It helped out a lot and I got a crossbow they can keep for awhile

Comment

I bought my daughter a Barnett Recruit Recurve xbow last year after she kept asking for one, age 6. My wife really liked it and shoots it more than her. She killed an aoudad with it last June.

Its meant for kids and small frame shooters as its adjustable and oversized hand guards. Best of all, you can get one for about $100. If she likes it, pick up a better one later on, if she doesn't its not a huge lose.

I'm buying an excalibur now that I know they both liked xbows and I can feel comfortable investing more into it. I replaced the red dot with a Hawke xbow scope as I'm not huge fan and put some pink on it for good measure . Go with the recurve over compound as its easier to manage on your own and requires almost no shop help.

Use the fieldpod tripod and have her practice...shouldn't be hard to get her dialed in.
            Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 02-10-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

The Carbon express youth/women's xbow was so compact and accurate I got one to shoot last year after my surgery. They are solid xbows and we have three of them and we have had zero issues with them.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hillcountryhunter View Post
                My 7 yr old daughter is showing more and more interest in hunting with me so I’m doing what I can to get her interested. We have been shooting the AR-15 and she’s been doing great. Today she asked about a crossbow and I don’t know much about them. Any recommendations that won’t break the bank but are good enough to hunt with. We have an exotic hunt in October and I told her she could kill a ram when we go.

Look up the mini inline vertical crossbow
                750$ ready to hunt just add broad heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Barrnett FX2 is worth looking at..Reasonably priced...I own 2 wife shoots one (and loves it) and one is kinda back up and loner to Grand Kids..I been impress with it and my GS killed couple deer and hog with spare...Had them a couple years no problem

Comment

We went with a Parker. The model we got has a detachable butt pad that makes it long enough for an adult to shoot, also. Great bow.

Comment

Center point sniper 370. It has the same style stock as an AR. Add some better bolts and broadheads and you are ready to hunt. This bow is very accurate and reliable.

Comment

Parker challenger 2 all the way!! BIL got me on it bc his daughter shot it well. Talked with two different salesmen that said very good youth bow shooting 300fps with very little to no problems with it breaking or problems compared to others

Comment

My son (7yo) has a bear crossbow it is very heavy, I got some shooting sticks for him and he is shooting bullseyes at 40 yards.

Comment

Working...
                          X