How to get a title???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a title???

I decide to build a truck. We have a 75 K10 at the lease that has changed hands 3-4 times in the past 20 years. It doesn't have a title. I have verified that it's not stolen and that the last time it was registered was 1986. So how do I get a title for it????

My plan was to go by the DMV and start asking questions. Then attempt to track down whomever is listed on the title registration.

Thoughts???

Pretty sure its a bonded title not sure on the details thou

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
      Pretty sure its a bonded title not sure on the details thou

Per this link, vehicle can not be abandoned to get a bonded title. Your probably going to need to track down last titled owner and get a bill of sale and then get a replacement title.

Comment

Call them as discuss a bonded title.or other options

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
          http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buyin...-with-no-title

Per this link, vehicle can not be abandoned to get a bonded title. Your probably going to need to track down last titled owner and get a bill of sale and then get a replacement title.
          That's what I figured.... Let the quest begin.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              https://www.lawrenceautotitle.com

Call them as discuss a bonded title.or other options
              these people are very helpful in dealing with title issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 10132297 View Post
                these people are very helpful in dealing with title issues.
                I’ve used them before and was very satisfied .

Comment

Getting a bonded title is not hard.
                  There is no research done on the signatures you get on the bill of sale from the previous owner. Don't make it any harder than need be

Comment

After meeting with the "expert" at the DMV it looks like I have to get a bonded title. He handed me a packet that has some very confusing pieces. I have to get an appraisal of the vehicle and that appraisal must be valued greater than $4000.... This is a $500 beat up old farm truck.

Comment

Know anyone in Mississippi? They title off a bill of sale there....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                        After meeting with the "expert" at the DMV it looks like I have to get a bonded title. He handed me a packet that has some very confusing pieces. I have to get an appraisal of the vehicle and that appraisal must be valued greater than $4000.... This is a $500 beat up old farm truck.
                        If you call Lawrence Auto Title you’ll get everything taken care of , see the link above. You don’t need appraisal or any of that nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                          If you call Lawrence Auto Title you’ll get everything taken care of , see the link above. You don’t need appraisal or any of that nonsense.
                          I'll give them a shout tomorrow afternoon. Thank you....

Comment

The easiest way is to go to the city impound lot take vin and any other paperwork with you. You will pay the 70-100 dollar fee and then take that to the city for a new title. Two stops boom boom you're done.

Comment

Working...
                            X