No announcement yet.

Comanche, TX and surrounding area...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta make a trip up to Mary's for the chicken fried steak!

Comment

There is a place in Rising Star that does a good fri fish fry

Honestly if you don't mind driving, Rancho Pizza in Coleman is the best pizza I have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
        There is a place in Rising Star that does a good fri fish fry

Honestly if you don't mind driving, Rancho Pizza in Coleman is the best pizza I have ever had.
        May check it out.. Wife hates to cook...

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          There is a place in Rising Star that does a good fri fish fry...
          That would be Cook's Fish Barn. Also worth the drive ... a Friday and Saturday only place. We go up there from time to time from Priddy.

Comment

Can't believe that Priddy store is still there, had a lease in Indian Gap about 15 yrs ago and the school and the store and feed store only thing there, liquor store just outside of town towards Goldthwaite too..
            Mary's @ Strawn, excellent chicken fried steak.
            gas station/truck stop by Gore Bros feed store,in Comanche pretty good food.

MISS that landowner nicest rancher I EVER met!
            Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 04-27-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
              May check it out.. Wife hates to cook...
              Cooks Fish Barn, and it's actually in Comanche not Rising Star. Only open Fri & sat.

Seriously the pizza place in Coleman is spectacular!

Comment

Cooks is some good eats!

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                  Can't believe that Priddy store is still there, had a lease in Indian Gap about 15 yrs ago and the school and the store and feed store only thing there, liquor store just outside of town towards Goldthwaite too..
                  Don't forget the churches! One of the pastors in town is a bowhunter I hear!

Comment

If you roll through Hamilton the hidden valley country store is a must stop. Darn good everything.

Comment

Besides eating, are there any places of interest around the area.

Javi

Comment

Bump

Javi

Comment

If you make it as far as Blanket, check out the Methodist church there. Was one of the charges my Pops had when I was 3-5 yoa. Very old building. Dont' know if the parsonage is still standing next to it, where we lived. Also, look up Texas Historical Markers for the area. And take notes on what ones yall'd like to visit. There used to be a Dr. Pepper plant in Dublin that made DP with real sugar. But I think it recently re-closed. So you might look it up first. They used to do tours.

Brownwood used to have an A&W drive-in. But don't know if it's still standing. And Underwoods BBQ has been there for ever. Now I'm beginning to really tell my age.
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-30-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                            Koffee Kup Kafe in Hico....Storms in Hamilton. Not sure about Comanche proper
                            Brownwood would be a lot closer than winging it out to Hico

Comment

I cant believe nobody recommended an ALLSUPS burrito stop! Highway 6 café in De Leon has a good CFS.

Comment

Tagging this as we just got a lease in comanche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X