Terrible with decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible with decisions

Im so bad with them. I analyze, reanalyze, pace, flop around in bed all night with big decisions. I like to think I usually end up making the right decision. Last May I sold my baby (04 5.9 Dodge), used the money to pay the wifes truck off, and paid cash for a commuter car. Excellent move financially, as we paid a ton of debt off. We are left with just a very reasonable mortgage and 1 small student loan payment.

I was fortunate to pick up some more cattle lease land, which is requiring me to buy a truck now. I was able to get by thus far with current cattle borrowing from the Pops, but this place is going to require much more.

Originally, I was going to buy a low priced work truck and keep the commuter car for work. I hate not having reliability and surprise repair bills, so I started thinking more of getting a 15-16 Ford 6.7 with low miles, and sell the commuter car to help with monthly expenses. Well, fast forward to yesterday as I swing in to the local Ford dealership to see what used inventory they have. Telling him my budget, he directs me to a brand new F250 2017. Its the basic XL package, but its the new body style. I didnt think there was any way I could swing it, but after several hours of back and forth Im currently 11K off sticker and now only $6-7K from what I was planning on spending. Basically, Im looking at another $133 a month.

So here I sit, a mental wreck trying to decide which route to go. The fiscally responsible side of me wants to save that $133 and go with the 2016. But the logical side of me thinks that the better buy is the 2017 that has 200 miles, new body style (better resale).

If I remember correctly, you may have a little one on the way in a few months. Those little ones aren’t cheap, just keep that in mind. If you can find reliable, used and lower priced, that would be by recommendation.

Comment

I don't know your belief system, but when I have a difficult choice to make, I bring it before my Father (aka God) and I thank him that He will lead me in truth and in peace. If there is not peace, don't do it. i've gone against where i felt led in the past and it doesnt end well.

also, Regret will never ever produce life or happiness, so don't even bother with it. just move on and do what is good in this situation.

Comment

Warranty and more room in the 17 is what I would choose. The 17 also rides much better than the 15-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tough decision for sure. However if the cheaper truck still has a decent warranty I’d opt for that one. The moment you drive the new truck off the lot it, it depreciates. The 133 will buy diapers, and baby stuff you may want or need.

Comment

Have you looked at a gas 2500 truck? Much cheaper to maintain and far cheaper to purchase. Think about what you need and not want, I struggle with this one often.

Comment

Richest people I know drive old pickups!

Comment

Terrible with decisions

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                Have you looked at a gas 2500 truck? Much cheaper to maintain and far cheaper to purchase. Think about what you need and not want, I struggle with this one often.

I was just about to suggest this. You can pick up a used gas version a hell of a lot cheaper than a diesel version. Parts are cheaper, and they seem to have less issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by SoTXAg06; 04-07-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Is it worth an extra $1,600/year? I’m cheap when it comes to vehicles and just look at them as utility so as long as it has a good warranty and is in good shape I’d go the cheaper truck.

Which one is gonna for that car seat better?!

Comment

See the Should I buy a gun post, it will answer all your concerns! Lol

Comment

I make decisions much like you do. Not being hasty has usually put my family in a good position. If I were you I would pray about it and wait! Vehicles will still be for sale in a couple of weeks...and as others have said that baby will cost you more than you are thinking. They are worth it but they are expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                        This is such a fallacy. They may drive an old truck to keep up appearances in town and have a Range Rover or brand new truck in their 6 car garage at home.
                        What you mean is the least broke poor people you know.

Comment

Pray on it, make a decision, and don't look back.

IMO, you need to stick with what you had budgeted for and go with the 2016.

Use Carguru do a 200 mile search for the truck you want at the price you want.

Unbiased car reviews and over a million opinions and photos from real people. Use CarGurus to find the best used car deals.

With truck month in March there is a big influx of used pickups on carguru.

See if you can find one that is a certified car pro dealer.

Goto the Car Pro website, and choose the certified dealer listing

Buy your next car from a local certified dealer. Sell your car for payment on the spot. Read car reviews, news, and buying and selling tips. Learn more!

We used this for the wife's camry and actually got a 2017 camry with more bells and whistles then her 2006 for a cheaper price than the 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                            A great statement there!!

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
                              This is such a fallacy. They may drive an old truck to keep up appearances in town and have a Range Rover or brand new truck in their 6 car garage at home.
                              What you mean is the least broke poor people you know.

Not a fallacy....read the millionaire next door.

Comment

Working...
                              X