AR build question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR build question

TBH: my lease has recently gotten thicker and thicker in hogs, has me thinking of an AR build. never built one from scratch, and have been looking through PSA for uppers. know the lower requires registration and all that, saw an anderson for $50 stripped at cabelas i am eyeing. any pointers or wisdom greatly appreciated on the build and where to buy parts. if i started with this build kit and got a stripped lower what else would I need?

thanks in advance

Other than some tools to put it all together, that kit covers everything except the lower.

Comment

I have bought from Palmetto State with no issues, actually just ordered a new BCG and charging handle for a 300 blackout pistol build. I have also ordered from Radical Arms, they're out of Houston and shipping is insanely fast, like next day it's on the doorstep fast.

Comment

For an extra $20 I'd go with this one. Comes with flip up sights and an upgraded stock and pistol grip.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516446647.html

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasTiger View Post
          TBH: my lease has recently gotten thicker and thicker in hogs, has me thinking of an AR build. never built one from scratch, and have been looking through PSA for uppers. know the lower requires registration and all that, saw an anderson for $50 stripped at cabelas i am eyeing. any pointers or wisdom greatly appreciated on the build and where to buy parts. if i started with this build kit and got a stripped lower what else would I need?

thanks in advance

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516444750.html
          You need the upper I have for sale. That's what else.

That and a loaded lower and you are set. I got my lower with Magpul upgrades for $149 and free shipping from PSA.
          Last edited by Bucksaw; 08-24-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

awesome. thanks for the heads up. looks like i can get a stainless barrel for cheaper assembling it myself, plus id sure as hell enjoy it. other than youtube is there an assembly guide yall would suggest?

Comment

For the lower there's a ton of videos on YouTube also for uppers but if you buy a complete pre built upper you want have to deal with that part. If anything I would say spring for a good drop in trigger like a CMC and if you build the upper spring a couple hundred for a good barrel like a ballistic advantage barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Youtube is what I did to build my lower. This is one of the better ones I've found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8sY5CQmlHI&t=1443s

Comment

$39.00 dollar stripped billet lowers here

quality online vendors that run sales all the time:
                  Aimsurplus
                  Skdtac
                  Rainier Arms
                  Primary Arms
                  DSG Arms
                  Joe Bob Outfitters
                  Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 08-24-2017, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                    For an extra $20 I'd go with this one. Comes with flip up sights and an upgraded stock and pistol grip.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516446647.html
                    Exactly what I was going to say, you gain the Magpul furniture and both flip sites and the EPT
                    which is good but then I do like the Stainless barrel in the OP. So +3 and -1 = +2 on the $20 extra investment.

The EPT trigger is a little better than stock.
                    I love the 1/8 twist it'll do everything.

As for "building" there's not much to putting together the lower parts, like others said YouTube it and done.

The Anderson lower will be fine, PSA stuff fits them as it should and if you get it at Cabela's local there's no FFL charge so $50 is a decent enough price.

PSA also runs deals for Speer Gold Dot 62gr .223 free shipping for 10+ boxes and $9.99 a box. That's good ammo for hogs and deer alike.
                    Last edited by justletmein; 08-24-2017, 11:35 PM.

Comment

know the lower requires registration and all that
                      No such thing as registration in Texas, however the lower is the serialized part that needs to be transferred through an FFL if purchased from a dealer.

Comment

thanks in advance

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...516444750.html
                        If you haven't bought one yet I'd jump all over this deal.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-1...=12%3a00+Email

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Exactly what I was going to say, you gain the Magpul furniture and both flip sites and the EPT
                          which is good but then I do like the Stainless barrel in the OP. So +3 and -1 = +2 on the $20 extra investment.

The EPT trigger is a little better than stock.
                          I love the 1/8 twist it'll do everything.

As for "building" there's not much to putting together the lower parts, like others said YouTube it and done.

The Anderson lower will be fine, PSA stuff fits them as it should and if you get it at Cabela's local there's no FFL charge so $50 is a decent enough price.

PSA also runs deals for Speer Gold Dot 62gr .223 free shipping for 10+ boxes and $9.99 a box. That's good ammo for hogs and deer alike.

Shhhhhhh!! Your spilling the beans on that ammo!

Comment

If you've never put one together, you would be better served buying a complete rifle or buy an upper kit and lower kit and pin it together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You can get quality rifles so cheap right now I'd just buy a gun.

You can get a Colt 6920 with a low pro gas block and free float Centurion m-lock hand guard for $750 shipped right now. If I was looking to get into the AR world I would look no further than that. It's a great rifle for any experience level.

Comment

Working...
                              X