No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping in to say hello. I have been away for the last couple of years but ready to hunt the COE land this year.

Haven't had the time to do any scouting so I am going to rely on some old spots.

From what I remember, there aren't any deer at Lake A, only squatches. So, stay away!

Good luck to everybody and congrats on the ones that have stuck em already!

Les

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post

From what I remember, there aren't any deer at Lake A, only squatches. So, stay away!

Les
      from what I seen this year the 2 spots I looked at didn't have any deer at lake a good luck

Comment

Originally posted by rednecktbrizz7 View Post

Lil bit of a PSA for my Whitney Huntin ladies and gents the snakes are on the move pretty good right now.... I hit this one on accident on my way home from Whitney last night.... This is the 2nd hot snake in a week I have caught down in the area without searching them out and seen a few nonvenomous as well out there..... Be aware of where y'all step and what's on every side of every log y'all step on or over
        u can have all them snakes lol but I think if u get ya a good deer it would tast better and be more to eat just saying =)..... hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
          u can have all them snakes lol but I think if u get ya a good deer it would tast better and be more to eat just saying =)..... hehe
          Lol touché... I'm sure tryin lol wish the corp would do some brush hoggin on the unit.... Heck I'll do it for cheap

Comment

A little brush hoggin would hurt! I came across two snakes this past weekend. A copperhead I posted pictures of and also a cottonmouth on the river bank! Gotta pretty good cold front that will be here Saturday A.M. so hopefully they will go hibernate!!

Comment

I meant wouldnt hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
                from what I seen this year the 2 spots I looked at didn't have any deer at lake a good luck
                Sounds about right. I'm gonna check it out anyway.

I have never hunted Whitney but would like to give it a go. Will be spending some weekends out at Thousand Trails so I plan on checking it out.

Good luck out there.

Les

Comment

Welcome back Les.

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
                    Sounds about right. I'm gonna check it out anyway.

I have never hunted Whitney but would like to give it a go. Will be spending some weekends out at Thousand Trails so I plan on checking it out.

Good luck out there.

Les
                    gl thanks I know there is deer out there I just could not find them lol and if u already have a spot thy r coming at a they prob still going there I do know the lake was up and there is a lot of spots that is messed up lol

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Welcome back Les.
                      Thank you, sir!

Comment

Little bit of water coming out of Grandbury. Hope the w lake level keeps coming up. I might forget to deer hunt if it dose by Nov 12th.

Comment

Is there any parks That I could get a shower after work between cleburne and laguna park?
                          It's a long way to come all the way home, shower, then get all the way to the lake in time to hunt. If I had a state parks pass I'd use the state park but I can't do $5 every time lol

Comment

anyone know if any camping parks are open on the B side?

Comment

Jump n the lake like I do, btw hunted Aquilla 6 times n haven't seen a deer or hog! Acorns falling like rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                                Is there any parks That I could get a shower after work between cleburne and laguna park?
                                It's a long way to come all the way home, shower, then get all the way to the lake in time to hunt. If I had a state parks pass I'd use the state park but I can't do $5 every time lol

State park is closed right now anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X