Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

So we've finished another year and what a year it has been, from dove and teal seasons, all the way through summertime fishing. We have shared our good times and told our stories. We have given advice and received it while we searched for our elusive prey. Those of us who spend our time visiting this thread have become a family and I personally look forward to getting on here every day and seeing what is going on in the world of TBH whitney. I hope all of you do and continue to as well. This year I expect to be just as fun and vibrant and full of good game as every other year I've been on this great forum.
    Dove season is only about 2 weeks away and teal only 10 days after that. soon enough it will be our favorite time of year. The time when we get to get out early and sit in a tree or ground blind in the cool morning air waiting on that first early season buck to come down the trail and into our shooting lane. Here's hoping everyone has a great season this year and there are plenty of LDP's posted on this thread. So it's time to go out get your license and get ready to get your permits on the 23'rd. Tune your bows, get out and practice and let's make it great Here's my first picture of a buck this year it's hard to tell how big he is but it's hopefully something to get everyone in the mood
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ender; 08-15-2016, 05:29 PM.

outdoor annual app updated last night and I must say i'm really impressed with this years

Comment

Yipee! It's here! Great start Ender ! And I want to wish everyone a great and unforgettable season.

Comment

ugh misspelled whitney in the title and it won't let me edit it out

Comment

I didn't notice. But my brain did pause a few seconds when I was reading it. .

Comment

Great start Ender and hope you guys get to connect on some of Whitney many game animals.

Comment

Here's to a new season and a new thread! Looking forward to both!

Comment

Great start to another year. Good luck to everyone.
                By the way, Steele Creek Park is still closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                  ugh misspelled whitney in the title and it won't let me edit it out
                  Every year someone does something "special" like that .

Hope ya'll all have a good year! This weather is awesome! I'm kinda curious if they'll open up the gates on Whitney or not with this rain.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/whitney/ If you wanted to know the lake levels!

Comment

Kirby, I just can't see them opening the big gates. It'd take a lot of flooding before they would do that. And the W lake is already 3 foot low. If an when they do, I expect it to be just a temporary opening to flush the area a little. Or to generate electricity from one of the generators for a little while. They did that quite q bit a few years ago. It really dropped the lake level, just a little bit each day, over time.

Comment

I may make a trip or two for dove, but I'll probably look elsewhere for deer until maybe a couple of day trips late year. No campgrounds, Razorback and wife are out.

Comment

I'm thinking about camping over at that Indian trail place or the state park if they are open.

Comment

Bow is tuned & ready to go. Got a new custom string put on it a couple weeks ago & the Black Hornets are stacking just like my field tips out to 60. Been hiking with a loaded pack to try to get my legs ready for Colorado. Will be my first elk hunt & to say I'm stoked about it is an understatement. Got a week of dove season before we leave and the birds are already stacking up around town. Gonna be a good way to open the fall hunting season. Headed down to the W soon to check on my mineral spots & start putting corn out. Got a couple bucks from last year that I let walk & am hoping they are still in the same areas. With the rain we have had & another year of age they should be ready for the taking this year. Hope everybody has a successful & safe season in the woods.

Comment

As of 8:30 pm it has rained 3" so far on the Bosque side of W.

Comment

As of 1:00 pm today total rain fall was 5.5" at Lakeside. It is a muddy mess but we sure needed some rain. Small bucks were playing in the rain yesterday and today. Saw several 1.5 year olds with most supporting spikes, 3 pts, 4pts and 1 big 6. Saw 2 decent 8 points but one is to narrow.

Maybe it will be a good season now that we've got some rain to help bring out the browse.

Comment

Working...
                              X