Finally, a break!! Uvalde bound!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    It's a hunting thing. You wouldn't understand!!

Pics Matt, pics!!! Come on man. You know the rules!!!
    Yes!!! Pics!!!! I want to see what a cowboy cookie looks like!!!!
    Good luck, knock em down!!!!

Comment

Who you huntin' with?

Comment

Sorry about the pics. My AT&T service is shotty here. I saw 12 WT last night and had 3 Axis does at 60 yards. I was hunting too far from the water and they went around me. Hopefully today I will get some pics up. It is a beautiful morning to be in a tree Thank you all for the well wishes.

Comment

Cant wait for the pics Snipe..
          For those of us that have not yet hunted Axis, can they be hunted at night with a light, like hogs?
          They are non-native right?

Comment

I was told yes, but I have not read the Reg myself.

Comment

Yes, Axis can be hunted with any weapon, at any time of the year and day. So if you wanted to hunt Axis at 3am with a pellet gun in december it would be just fine!

Comment

good luck snipe

Comment

Good luck and drink plenty of refreshments!

Comment

Git ya one Snipe....

Comment

Well, I was on the way to the blind by the waterhole last night and I used the rifle rack mounted to the front of the 4 wheeler without a care in the world. I got settled in the blind and nocked an arrow when something didn't look quite right. My peep sight was gone!!! WTH!! Here I am in a pop up blind at 16:30 and it is 103deg while waiting on an Axis deer and I have no peep sight. I marked the center of the two peep servings as best I could with some thread. If worst came to worse I could still line the string up with the sight. I had a doe come in, but I kept doubting my ability to make a clean shot at just 25 yards, so I passed.
                      This morning I took the .300wsm back to the blind for some redemption. I saw a bunch of whitetail and then at about 7:30, about 20 axis deer came my way. I saw three really good bucks, but had no shot. Finally, a good one stepped out and I let the .300 bark. He took off, so I was puzzled. When I shoot something with my big rifle they drop. All the others ran off. I waited about 15min and went to look for blood. I searched and searched and found no blood. I never miss!! Dang I was dejected. On the way back to the 4wheeler. I jumped some small axis bucks. I shot one, so that I would at least have some meat. After gutting the smaller one I circled back to where I thought the first one went, and dang it if he wasn't laying just 30 yards from where I shot him
                      I will send pics soon as I can. He is my biggest ever.

Comment

Hahaha thats a great story. Congrats man!

Comment

Atta boy Matt! Can't wait to see some pics!

Comment

Congrats Matt. I knew if you were in the woods something was on the ground. I needs me some of that axis now!

Comment

Congrats! Sounds like you'll have a freezer full!
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Yah buddy!! Congrats and yum yum!!! Send some to the North country!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X