Mosquito Misting System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosquito Misting System

Has anyone done their own mosquito misting system? From what I can tell it's not too complicated. Pump that delivers about 60 psi at low volume, tubing and misting nozzles, timer to operate the pump several times per day, 55 gal plastic drum to mix and store the permethrin solution.

Following. We hope to cover our patio at some point in the next few years if we don't sell first and when we do that, I plan to include a cooling mist system that can also run the mosquito stuff is such a thing exists. (I may invent one if it doesn't)

Comment

Yeah, I need one of these...didn't even think to make my own!

Comment

I have one spraying my back yard and it seems to work really well. I can count on one hand how many mosquitos I have seen around my house this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would this system be bad for cats? If it sprays permethrin I would think it would be.

Comment

My son SwineAssassin puts these in.

Comment

I have a buddy that does this on the side, been doing it for 10 years now. I can get you in touch with him if you want the info.

Comment

Originally posted by d1rich1 View Post
                Would this system be bad for cats?
                We can hope!

Comment

Originally posted by d1rich1 View Post
                  Would this system be bad for cats? If it sprays permethrin I would think it would be.
                  No, it won't bother the cats or dogs. Most systems are set up to run in the Mornings and Afternoons. On top of the Barrel, there is a control panel, kind of operates like the ones on a Deer Feeder. It can be set to run several times a day, as well as the duration.

Comment

Does it help with other bugs as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can buy the stuff online. I want one to treat for spiders on the lake, but the cost is 8-10K installed. Looks like can be done for about $1k DIY.

Comment

Originally posted by kingchip View Post
                        You can buy the stuff online. I want one to treat for spiders on the lake, but the cost is 8-10K installed. Looks like can be done for about $1k DIY.
                        Do you think it will work on spiders?

Comment

It will deter spiders, but they are pretty difficult to kill.

At the farm supply store, (I use Producers Co-Op), in the horse and barn aisles, they have a timed sprayer that you can put cans of either scent or fly repellent or fly and mosquito repellent. That lattermost has more permerthin. I put it up in my garage, about 6 feet from the door that everyone uses to enter the house. It works for 30 days. At night, when the garage door is closed, it kills pretty much everything with more than 4 legs. My cat stays in the garage at night and it does not bother her.

I think it is made by Country Vet.

Something else you can do to help with mosquitoes - keep the yard mowed and if they are rally bad after mowing, spread Sevin Dust - liquid or powder around the yard. It will get rid of fleas and ticks, too.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                            I have a buddy that does this on the side, been doing it for 10 years now. I can get you in touch with him if you want the info.
                            If he is interested in sharing I would be interested in listening.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                              you have buddies?

Comment

Working...
                              X