Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Double doe death at the Hilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats. That one is a good sized doe.

Comment

Thank you Gary for a great weekend!!!

I showed up at 10:00 Thursday night and Gary met me at the gate, after a quick introduction he took me on a quick tour of where I was going to set up in the morning. At 6:00 in the morning I finished my scent control measures, and started my super long, 300 to 350 yard walk to the barn. That's right I said barn! I through out some hand corn, and made my way up to the stairs and got settled into my seat. As it became more light, I ranged the feeder and got a reading back of 20 yards. I set my range finder down, and exchanged it for the coffee cup...(by the way Gary I think I left it up there HA HA... At 6:30 the feeder went off, and I really started to look and listen. I heard some foot steps and looked over to my left. Two does had walked up and started to nibble on the hand corn I put out. I slowly reached for my bow and settled in. Two more does came in and now I had 2 does and 2 fawns at 10 yards. As I started to bring my Hoyt up a squirrel started moving around in the tree above me. The biggest doe started to spook and walk off. I came to full draw, and followed her but she didn't stop. so I turned over to the other does, and settled the pin on her front short. At 12 yards there was no time to see where my arrow hit, but I knew it was good! They exploded and took off. She went 25 yards, did the old funky chicken, and fell over.

Thanks to Hogboy and the great things he is doing for past and current service members.

P.S. ELKAHOLIC if you know how I can change my screen name let me know and I will do it. sorry for the confusion. I have tired to figure it out, but have not had much luck.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Good job, congrats.

Comment