Best mower for sloped property???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best mower for sloped property???

We are moving next Friday and I need to buy another mower soon. We are buying 2 acres near Livingston that is on a hillside with a small part of it being fairly steep. I am selling my zero turn because my Dad says his doesn't do well at all on his sloped property. Anyone live on a hillside here? If so, what do you use? I'm curious what would work best? I've done some internet searches but haven't found much. Thanks

Goat

Sorry couldn't resist

Comment

A 12 year old with a push mower and a piece of rope. At least thats what my dad used...

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        Goat

Sorry couldn't resist
        Hmmm. That's a cheap option...and if it doesn't work out we can always make cabritos.

Comment

Perhaps a robot mower? Just don't shoot it thinking it's a hog grazing your lawn when it's mowing at night. Not that I've done that...

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Husqvarna 450X Automower at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Push mower hooked to a winch on your zero turn.

Comment

I'd give it a try with the zero turn first.

Comment

I use a zero turn myself on a portion of mine that's sloped. Take it slow and use it appropriately on the steepest inclines. Congratulations on getting back to the slower paced country life!

Comment

Might be a different type of tires on the zero might help. Something with a little more bite. http://www.lawnmowertirestore.com/turf-tech-tire.html

Or pick one: http://www.lawnmowertirestore.com/turf-tech-tire.html
                  Last edited by muzzlebrake; 10-18-2017, 06:49 AM.

Comment

How bad is the slope? We have about 3 acres of our property that is sloped that the zero turn has no issues with.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd give the zero turn a try, I've never had a problem on some slopes before.

Comment

I think a zero would be even better because of the wider footprint. See if you can get some wider tires with a little grip.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                          Perhaps a robot mower? Just don't shoot it thinking it's a hog grazing your lawn when it's mowing at night. Not that I've done that...

https://www.ebay.com/i/263265790631?chn=ps&dispItem=1
                          We need pics of the kill!

Comment

How sloped is it?? I don’t think the zero turn would have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would give it a whirl before I did anything... try it without the blades running so if it flips and crushes you it doesn't also chop you up.

Comment

Working...
                              X