Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are against medical MJ...watch this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    Ok so we finally have a case. 1. Wouldn't that be sorta like an anomaly? So it's now harmful. As harmful as water? I still don't see your point.
    You mentioned chemical dependency... What if it's something people just really like?? Maybe like say women, hunting, fishing, etc... I have a buddy who lost his marriage over GOLF!! He wouldn't quit, no time for family etc... Do golf balls have chemicals you get addicted to?
    Addiction doesn't exist imo, just week minded people. You either do the drugs, or the drugs do you. You do whats right or you don't, simple as that. Anybody can quit at anytime if they want, its a choice you make everyday. Like a fat person with Twinkies. Quit shoving them in your mouth!!! Some things people like more than others, the things they really like tend to be done in excess. If you never check yourself, anything, can ruin your life as quickly as any drug.
    I quit for 5 months, shaved my entire body, and passed a hair follicle to get in the oilfield. Nothing to it. I didn't sit around all day craving weed, going out of mind. I made a choice to better myself, weed was no part of the equation. Same can be said for meth, crack, coke, any of it.
    Your father, brother, etc...who was such a awesome person, before drugs ruined his life, was never the person you thought he was .
    Very valid point on addiction. If someone were to say "i can't function throughout the day without smoking a bowl" they would be labelled a loser or pot head or whatever slander came out. But replace "smoking a bowl" with "drinking coffee" and now you have changed the entire conversation. That could be every starbucks mom in the nation. No longer is it frowned upon or batted an eye at.

Its what society has deemed ok, and what is not. Pot was deemed bad, so now it is. Alcohol was deemed ok, so now it is. A man can say he is a woman, so now he is........what a weird society we live in.

I dont smoke......just chiming in.
    Last edited by Part Timer; 11-16-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Since you didnt hear about it, it must be fact. Got it.

agreed.

Then all those pigs you got till be high!!

And I think the rooting is bad now?!?!? wait till they have the munchies!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        No. You are just stretching............very, very hard. You seem to defend poisonous man made drugs, but want to condemn a natural plant. A natural plant that needs no further processing like the coca or poppy plant.
        I'll say with experience there's good reason to defend man-made drugs and their medicinal applications. I would have to say only one portion of them in the grand scheme that be considered "Toxic". Diabetics with the use of insulin, ESRD patients with the use of calcimimetics, phosphate binders and LDL-lowering drugs have a definite place for treatment of patients.

I do not condemn the use of homeopathic remedies or the use of plants such as MJ in medicine. They have their niche in the market of medicinal applications, and can be the most effective method for a very small portion of disease states/conditions/co-morbitities.

What I was trying to drive home is that the argument that MJ poses no health risks is no longer valid.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
          I'll say with experience there's good reason to defend man-made drugs and their medicinal applications. I would have to say only one portion of them in the grand scheme that be considered "Toxic". Diabetics with the use of insulin, ESRD patients with the use of calcimimetics, phosphate binders and LDL-lowering drugs have a definite place for treatment of patients.

I do not condemn the use of homeopathic remedies or the use of plants such as MJ in medicine. They have their niche in the market of medicinal applications, and can be the most effective method for a very small portion of disease states/conditions/co-morbitities.

What I was trying to drive home is that the argument that MJ poses no health risks is no longer valid.
          That argument was never valid. Everything can have a health risk. Including exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            Ok so we finally have a case. 1. Wouldn't that be sorta like an anomaly? So it's now harmful. As harmful as water? I still don't see your point.
            You mentioned chemical dependency... What if it's something people just really like?? Maybe like say women, hunting, fishing, etc... I have a buddy who lost his marriage over GOLF!! He wouldn't quit, no time for family etc... Do golf balls have chemicals you get addicted to?
            Addiction doesn't exist imo, just week minded people. You either do the drugs, or the drugs do you. You do whats right or you don't, simple as that. Anybody can quit at anytime if they want, its a choice you make everyday. Like a fat person with Twinkies. Quit shoving them in your mouth!!! Some things people like more than others, the things they really like tend to be done in excess. If you never check yourself, anything, can ruin your life as quickly as any drug.
            I quit for 5 months, shaved my entire body, and passed a hair follicle to get in the oilfield. Nothing to it. I didn't sit around all day craving weed, going out of mind. I made a choice to better myself, weed was no part of the equation. Same can be said for meth, crack, coke, any of it.
            Your father, brother, etc...who was such a awesome person, before drugs ruined his life, was never the person you thought he was .

This is getting away from the point. We're discussing the medicinal application of a current illicit drug. You're living in a convoluted state if you don't think addiction is a real and crippling aspect to many who experience it.

For example: An alcoholic faces many challenges when trying to quit. It's not just a matter of will power. Your body becomes chemically dependent on that drug, and abstinence can even be fatal. Ever hear of the DTs? People in a state of wanting to quit their alcohol addiction often have to be placed in a phenobarbital-induced coma in order to stay alive. Before making the decision to quit, a hardcore alcoholic may be fighting a battle every single day. They, and their bodies are chemically dependent on that drug. They continue to feed the addiction mainly to stave off withdrawals, function properly, and cope with their emotions/stress.

Just curious...you stayed off the stuff for a time in order to gain better employment...you back on the stuff or no?
            Last edited by TexasArchery_27; 11-16-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
              This is getting away from the point. We're discussing the medicinal application of a current illicit drug. You're living in a convoluted state if you don't think addiction is a real and crippling aspect to many who experience it.

For example: An alcoholic faces many challenges when trying to quit. It's not just a matter of will power. Your body becomes chemically dependent on that drug, and abstinence can even be fatal. Ever hear of the DTs? People in a state of wanting to quit their alcohol addiction often have to be placed in a phenobarbital-induced coma in order to stay alive. Before making the decision to quit, a hardcore alcoholic may be fighting a battle every single day. They, and their bodies are chemically dependent on that drug. They continue to feed the addiction mainly to stave off withdrawals, function properly, and cope with their emotions/stress.

Just curious...you stayed off the stuff for a time in order to gain better employment...you back on the stuff or no?
              And why did you shave your whole body and take a hair follicle test if your employer did not or does not care if you smoke while on the job? If you are still in the oilfield and they would not hire you if you failed a drug test, yet they dont care if you smoke or will not fire you now, dont you think that is an oxymoron? "I would not get the job if I tested positive for drugs, but they wont fire me now if I test positive for drugs"

And, I do agree with you about addiction. I do think it has a lot to do with will power and probably more about will power than it does the addiction itself. I was addicted to snuff. Yes, Timberwolf Wintergreen snuff. Or any snuff for that matter. I would dip almost 2 cans per day. But on January 1, 2007, I dumped out a log and 3 unopened cans in my parents driveway because I told my wife I would quit the year that we were getting married. I have had 2 dips since then and threw up both times. Dont want it, cant stand the smell of it, and run from it when people are using it. My will power keeps me from going through that again.

Comment

Just chiming in here: I'm a proud Texan who supports the full legalization of medical and recreational MJ for adults over the age of 18. And "when" it comes up on the ballot in Texas I will vote. I believe in the freedom of choice for those who wish to use it and the option to abstain for anyone who does not wish to use it. Peace out! ✌🏼

Comment

I know cigarette companies are testing for when it becomes legal nationwide. If it is all about pharmaceutical companies paying off politicians I can't see why tobacco companies can't throw more money around and get it legalized.

Comment

Until we get the folks on the street, with Mental Issues in check, legalizing THC is simply rolling the dice for many on the edge. A percentage of normal users, will exhibit psychotic symptoms and THC usage, typically aggravates psychotic tendencies to people diagnosed with schizophrenia. And considering we have thousands who roam who haven't been diagnosed with schizophrenia, allowing it to be legalized without further review, by medical evaluation, is compounding a problem with mental health issues in America.

Cognitive functioning, problem solving, planning, organizing, impulse control, advanced trouble shooting - undocumented procedures et al, THC impairs users. Some are greatly affected and others, the long term users, exhibit loss of some or all of their normal Cognitive functioning capabilities.

CHL - You use, you lose.

Insurance Rates for Business - Legalize THC - Entrepreneur's and Business Owners, get ready to make that big decision. Do you want to increase your liability coverage 3 to 4 times the going amount for safety and medical insurance for your organization? Insurance companies are licking their chops to increase income from organizations that allow legal THC consumption.

Some industries - you will basically lock yourself out of job professions due in fact many industries will refuse to allow employees, to use. Too many Safety, Medical, Mental Health and Cognitive reasoning risks associated with Cannabis use, that the risks far outweigh the gains with employees within the workspace.

The long term effects are unknown. But the studies applied to Mental Health, are becoming well known. THC is dangerous to the developing brain. From 1 - 20, it's use can trigger mental health as well as retard cognitive development processes during a period where the mind needs advanced stimulus to chronicle the mental foundation for the rest of that person's life.

So the legalization will make the availability of THC more readily available, to those in their developmental stages of life. You can put an age limit on its legal use but, expect it to proliferate through the teenage group more readily than now.

Controlling the THC levels, per dose, will also need to be considered. Edibles can and will Overdose individuals quickly. Compounding the effect of maximum levels of THC, partaking in the use of alcoholic beverages and or other legal medicines can and will compound the intoxication effects of THC as well as the intoxication effects of the other legal chemicals. The side effects, of the various compounding chemicals, is undocumented and the variables of mixing, are still unknown. Smoke a joint and drink a tallboy - the effects of both, are elevated....plain and simple. A person's ability to stay in control, is greatly reduced with mixed chemicals and many of those who have been classified as KILLED BY ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION, may have also mixed chemicals, which greatly promoted the effect of the alcohol, of that dead individuals impairment?

Basically it's rolling the dice with hundreds of compounding questions, that have no viable resource on short to long term outcomes.

Considering where we are today, with so many social issues, with so many unknowns involved with the legalization of THC, is it worth the risk now for America and Americans?

CBD & CBN - Those using Medical Cannabis, having the THC quadrant removed from the compound, is fine for those medically approved for it's alternative benefits. But this industry will need to be regulated at the same level as current pharmaceuticals. Underground entities, looking to cash in on this industry, need to apply the same regulatory processes as those in the pharmaceutical industry. Impurities as well as dosage amounts need to be finely regulated and controlled.

Waving a magic wand on this topic, isn't the answer. The alcohol and pharmaceutical industries are heavily regulated and the safety factor, of the final products they market must meet specific standards. The same principle needs to be applied to the Cannabis and other Alternative herbal chemical industries.

Had I been stoned writing my narrative here.....let's just say I probably wouldn't have the capacity to complete it in the short time I typed this up. Add another few hours and maybe I may have been able to convey what I typed here?....maybe
                    Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-17-2017, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Hey guys whats going on in this threa..

Comment

I can create the Melody......but I can't complete the song.

I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                          I can create the Melody......but I can't complete the song.

I wonder why?
                          Maybe you need a joint? Willie never had that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                            Maybe you need a joint? Willie never had that problem.
                            No but Paul McCartney and John Lennon did.

Comment

-john

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                                No but Paul McCartney and John Lennon did.
                                Ha! McCartney and Lennon always had 30+ songs waiting to be recorded at all times. They never got behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X