KAP - that'll teach her!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KAP - that'll teach her!

I went deer hunting this morning and was about to draw on a doe for the second time when a large sounder of pigs broke through the brush, scattering the deer. After about 5 minutes, the hogs convinced the deer this was a bad place to be so they left for the day.

Well, that made me mad. I grabbed my bow and 1 arrow and walked around to the other side of the feed pen, and entered the brush. There they were - a bunch of pigs - little baby pigs, good eating sized pigs, and "OMG-Run-for-your-life-that's-a-big-pig" pigs. I had one clear lane through the brush and I waited.

In a few minutes, a good eating sized sow walked into the lane at 10 yards and my arrow met her before she could take another step. She squealed and ran about 10 yards, getting hung up in the greenbriar. Down for the count!

The rest of the pigs ran to her and grunted over her trying to figure out what just happened. I ran back to the blind and got another arrow and jogged back to my spot. They were all still there. Some ran off, but the "OMG-Run-for-your-life-that's-a-big-pig" pigs stood their ground. They tried smelling me but couldn't. They were upwind. I took a few steps closer.... closer.... at 10 yards, I was still trying to figure out how to get a clear shot. The big ones grunted a warning and took off. All of the pigs left then.

That'll teach them to disrupt my deer hunt!

When I recovered her, I was pleasantly surprised to see my Axis Injection arrow intact. I got full pass through with the Ramcat broadhead and broke both shoulders, slicing her heart. I normally break arrows on hogs.
    Attached Files

Nice!

Comment

Justice shall be served! Good work!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome revenge, congrats!

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That’ll teach ‘em!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    I went deer hunting this morning and was about to draw on a doe for the second time when a large sounder of pigs broke through the brush, scattering the deer. After about 5 minutes, the hogs convinced the deer this was a bad place to be so they left for the day.

Well, that made me mad. I grabbed my bow and 1 arrow and walked around to the other side of the feed pen, and entered the brush. There they were - a bunch of pigs - little baby pigs, good eating sized pigs, and "OMG-Run-for-your-life-that's-a-big-pig" pigs. I had one clear lane through the brush and I waited.

In a few minutes, a good eating sized sow walked into the lane at 10 yards and my arrow met her before she could take another step. She squealed and ran about 10 yards, getting hung up in the greenbriar. Down for the count!

The rest of the pigs ran to her and grunted over her trying to figure out what just happened. I ran back to the blind and got another arrow and jogged back to my spot. They were all still there. Some ran off, but the "OMG-Run-for-your-life-that's-a-big-pig" pigs stood their ground. They tried smelling me but couldn't. They were upwind. I took a few steps closer.... closer.... at 10 yards, I was still trying to figure out how to get a clear shot. The big ones grunted a warning and took off. All of the pigs left then.

That'll teach them to disrupt my deer hunt!

When I recovered her, I was pleasantly surprised to see my Axis Injection arrow intact. I got full pass through with the Ramcat broadhead and broke both shoulders, slicing her heart. I normally break arrows on hogs.

What bow are you holding there!!!

Comment

Good deal!

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Nice! Congrats on the pig!

Comment

Good for you. KAP!!!

Comment

Good job, I stuck 2 pigs this weekend, must not have been good placement. They both ran off into some thick woods, never found them. At least I got 1 arrow back.

Comment

Working...
                              X