Grillin vs BBQing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grillin vs BBQing

There is a difference. I love both, but both aint the same imo. Grillin is a quick sear of steaks, shrimp, burgers, chops etc.

BBQing is the smokin process of briskets, hams etc. Low and slow and for an extended time duration.

Am I correct or not?

They are indeed different, and to me "smoking" is neither. Smoking is the cold slow cure of meats over several days, such as hams, bacon, and sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      They are indeed different, and to me "smoking" is neither. Smoking is the cold slow cure of meats over several days, such as hams, bacon, and sausage.
      I agree. But when briskets are cooked we are looking for a nice smoke bark. Right??

Comment

I think it's where you live as to what you call it. Up north I think they call Grilling, BBQing. I would guess the call smoking, BBQing.

Comment

We are in Texas. This should not even need to be discussed.

Comment

Did two spatchcock chickens yesterday - one hour on the grill and it's better than smoked and def not a sear! Had BBQ sauce on one and just rub on the other

Comment

The semantics in life these days are all ridiculous really....call it what you want.

We call it grilling (quick of course) and smoking..... cold smoke for meats like sausage or a hot smoke for brisket, pork, ribs or sausage..

I'm going to smoke a brisket. I'm not going to BBQ a brisket....

BBQ is the end product...

But if somebody calls it by the others, I'm good with it as long as it's good to the tastebuds....
              Last edited by Smart; 06-10-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Wife’s family from California calls any grill a “barbecue.” They invite folks over for a “barbecue” and grill burgers......

Comment

Also...salsa and hot sauce are two different things

Comment

The OP is a genius.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

who cares what anyone calls it. Cook it and enjoy it

Comment

Barbie Grilling.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          The semantics in life these days are all ridiculous really....call it what you want.

We call it grilling (quick of course) and smoking..... cold smoke for meats like sausage or a hot smoke for brisket, pork, ribs or sausage..

I'm going to smoke a brisket. I'm not going to BBQ a brisket....

BBQ is the end product...

But if somebody calls it by the others, I'm good with it as long as it's good to the tastebuds....
                          Read this ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
                          And then close the tread.

Comment

Now I will say if you say you are "cueing this weekend" you need a swift kick in the nuts and should get a mani-pedi instead of playing with fire.. ..

Comment

If it's smoked or grilled, I don't care what you call it. But don't try passing off a baked chicken slathered with a sweet tangy tomato sauce as BBQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X