Jobs in College Station for student?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is Tim's son, checking to see if anyone owns a business or knows someone that I can work for the Fall 2018 semester. I don't have my schedule yet, but I am only taking 9 credit hours so I will be able to get my classes all on Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday, and I can work the rest. If someone has a job that can teach me a trade or something useful, and pays better than $12 working for Dairy Queen, that's even better.

Thanks!

Dairy Queen pays $12 an hour now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      Dairy Queen pays $12 an hour now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not sure about DQ in CS but here in Leander the DQ big sign says $12/hr starting pay.

Comment

Might want to keep your salary expectations in check. Huge supply of cheap labor here.

Here's one option for you. http://transport.tamu.edu/About/empl....aspx?JobID=22

Comment

My son works for his mom's uncle that owns Circle X Ranch. He is a welder for the ranch. I can ask him what/if they are hiring if this is something you are looking for.

Comment

$12/hour for a college student? That's not bad at all.

Comment

I would take $10/hr not to work at DQ

Comment

Anyone else?

I don't know how to weld but could learn.

Taking the time to get a class B CDL just to make $9.75 hour doesn't seem worth it.

Comment

What is his major?

Comment

Reynolds and Reynolds hires a ton of part time college kids. Minimum hours is 20 a week I think, but they only paid like $8 an hour back in my day. IDK what they pay now.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                      What is his major?
                      Aerospace Engineering

Nearly impossible for a freshman to get an internship. He got close though. So now he just needs a job since he took too many credit hours in high school and apparently that doesn't speed up college..Just gets you less credit hours per semester.

Comment

I averaged 25-35 an hour bartending tax free with hot college girls all around me in the a.c when I lived there. Go wait tables or bartend

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                          I averaged 25-35 an hour bartending tax free with hot college girls all around me in the a.c when I lived there. Go wait tables or bartend
                          Yep, this is what I did as well.

Unfortunately I invariably just took the big piles of cash I had after a shift and blew it on bar tabs, but it was still fun.

Comment

There is a guy on tbh sleepy medic has a gutter biz in college station send him a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If nothing else the producers co-op hires a lot of boys to load feed not sure
                              what they pay

Comment

Working...
                              X