Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon fire stick for primary tv watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon fire stick for primary tv watching?

Just bought a fire stick for the camper, where we stay has pretty good internet service so I thought for $40 why not. So I plugged into the tv at the house to see how it worked. I was pretty impressed with it. So do any of you use it for primary tv service? If so do you miss cable or dish? Looks like I can watch about the same thing that I watch with direct tv.

Also I am already an Amazon Prime customer.

I am in for this... Someone please explain a firestick !

Comment

I use nextflix and prime, and we use it exclusive with an antenna for local news.

Comment

Put kodi on your firestick. Never look back.

Comment

I use Firestick, FireTv, loaded with Kodi & SeTv

(http://setvnow.com/#5942d9eaf344d)

I can watch EVERYTHING. SeTv even carries ALL UFC fights included with subscription.

Comment

I had a fire stick but now use Roku with Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sling. Plus an antenna. I much prefer Roku over the Firestick.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post
              Put kodi on your firestick. Never look back.
              yep

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                I am in for this... Someone please explain a firestick !
                Fire stick looks like a jump drive for you pc,but it plugs into your TV’s HDMI port. Think of it as an iPad, you can download apps to it like espn, Fox, etc just like your iPad to stream TV stations, except it is showing it on your TV.

Comment

im tired of paying 130 a month for direct tv...

Comment

Fire stick with Kodi

Comment

I’m fire stick with Sling TV

Comment

Fire tv with direct tv now is what I use. $45 a month for direct tv now get 120 channels. I get a $25a month discount since I have AT&T cell with unlimited data. Regular price is $70a month. Get all local channels for Dallas. Basically same channels I got with cable. Then use apps for hunting shows

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                          I had a fire stick but now use Roku with Netflix, Amazon Prime and Sling. Plus an antenna. I much prefer Roku over the Firestick.

Why do ya like better? We need to decide before February when our direct tv contract runs out if we’re gonna get rid of it. I’ll be back in school by then and saving that money would be nice! We have a Roku TV in our bedroom, rest of tvs don’t have anything but direct tv now.

Anyone have kids also have fire stick or Roku? How does it work with kid shows and stuff? Can y’all watch those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                            Why do ya like better? We need to decide before February when our direct tv contract runs out if we’re gonna get rid of it. I’ll be back in school by then and saving that money would be nice! We have a Roku TV in our bedroom, rest of tvs don’t have anything but direct tv now.

Anyone have kids also have fire stick or Roku? How does it work with kid shows and stuff? Can y’all watch those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Just the firestick alone you get tons of kids stuff and more with amazon prime.

Comment

Well I have it I’m the camper and we are staying in a RV park which is convenient since it is only 4 mile away from the lease. I have no issues streaming what I want, I will be able to catch Monday night Football tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X