Wart Hogs In Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wart Hogs In Texas

A year or so back I heard that a few warthogs were being seen around the Chaparral WMA.

Have any been seen recently?

They're some in S Texas, check the mirror in deer camp next time you're down there......LOL!

The ones near the Chap are the only ones I've heard about.

Comment

I've seen one or two at the old dance hall during deer season on a Saturday night, but none in the wild so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mobrien View Post
        I've seen one or two at the old dance hall during deer season on a Saturday night, but none in the wild so far.
        That would def be in the wild!

Comment

I went on a javi hunt on the chaparral last Feb. and one of the hunters kill a warthog. Pretty cool deal.

Comment

Several have been killed on Chap

Suspected escapees from Brittinham's place next door is what I was told

Comment

A ranch down the road from me has slot of African exotics like worthogs, red river hogs , Cape buffalo etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Several have been killed on Chap

Suspected escapees from Brittinham's place next door is what I was told
                That's the same thing the biologist at the Chap shared with us. Warthogs are shoot on site at the Chap.

Comment

To my knowledge there were two killed on the Chap last year.

One was killed when I was there for the November management hunt. We were both standby hunters so drawing late in the game. He drew right after me and drew the far northwest pasture that juts out from the main fence line in a square. I believe it's Baldy.

He shot a 175 pound sow on the second evening with one 3-4 inch lower tusk and the other broken off. That thing looked huge on the ground.

I believe there's a picture on their FB page.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
                    A ranch down the road from me has slot of African exotics like worthogs, red river hogs , Cape buffalo etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Probably get flamed and told how wrong I am, but I dont believe any ranch in the whole US has cape buffalo.

Comment

One of my friend's shot one near the Chap several years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        Probably get flamed and told how wrong I am, but I dont believe any ranch in the whole US has cape buffalo.
                        You'd be wrong...http://www.777ranch.com/species_exotics_horned.html

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          Don't think you would get flamed, but your statement is inaccurate.

Comment

Check out the Chaparral WMA facebook page. They've got several posts about warthogs that have been shot there as well as a couple game camera pics of live ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                              WOW!!!!!!
                              Those trophy fees are high!!!!
                              Glad I went to Africa to shoot my animals instead of there, it would have cost me almost 3 times the amount here in the US.

Comment

Working...
                              X