Medic's HELP NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
    I had over 100 questions. I thought I missed every question. And the computer just shuts down. Your test is over. No warning. No thank you. Nothin. About a week later, I got a big envelope in the mail from the NR sayin I passed!! Man, I was so relieved.

GOOD LUCK, BROTHER!!
    man thats funny. I was betting money to my HFD brothers/trainees that I had failed. I was almost positive that I had missed the last question that the computer gave me and then blank screen, my heart sank. The next day, we got our scores online and all 41 of us passed. Chief Trevino came in and thanked us, gave all of us an atta boy. It was awesome, dang I miss the fire department.

Comment

The only advice I can give is A.B.C.....It's pretty much all scenarios...so here's how I did it, both for Basic and Medic....
      Read the scenario....all of it to the letter. If there's anything you're unsure of, read it again. I always try to visualize what I'm reading, especially with the scenarios on NR. Then I start thinking about how I would handle that call, going in order, by the book.
      Next, read ALL the answers, and see which one matches your original thoughts, in the same order etc. That's the correct answer.

Comment

Dont read into crap. Overthinking is the devil. I'll see if the basics here had any study materials that helped.

Comment

How cool is this thread...
          Ddnt understand a word of it, but darn.
          Very cool guys

Comment

Guys I appreciate all the feed back extremely helpful!!!!!!!!!!! I will take any other knowledge and or paperwork that I can get my hands on. This computer based testing is for the freaking birds FIRST TEST 72 questions FAILED! SECOND TEST 110 Questions FAILED! Man can a brother catch a break GEEZ! Thanks guys I take all instruction I can get.

Comment

Hang in there. I do not have any of my old study materials left, but it sounds like some other fellas may be able to hook you up.

-crb

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                I took the TEEX course when I was w/ HFD. On the Natl Registry EMT-B the very important things to remember: You have to take out of the question, only what they give you, don't add anything. Airway, breathing , circulation is what simplified it for me.

Scene safety first- Always
                ABC's
                SAMPLE
                DCAP-BTLS

I think my computer shut down around 70 questions and I passed but to be honest I thought I had failed. I didn't like the way the test was administered either. There were some guys around me that were done in ten minutes and I was there for a while.
                Me and hoythunter took it together. He just gave some good advice. Relax, bro. EVERYBODY walks out of there thinking they failed. It's a schmullschmit test that seems to have been written by a moron. As stated above, don't read anything extra into the questions and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                  Me and hoythunter took it together. He just gave some good advice. Relax, bro. EVERYBODY walks out of there thinking they failed. It's a schmullschmit test that seems to have been written by a moron. As stated above, don't read anything extra into the questions and relax.
                  I know the guy that wrote the test! Very smart man, but his grammer and writing skills are horrible. Many of the questions on tests at his schools have two write answers due to all the double negatives. Its tough to figure out which one is the rightest answer! I lost count of how many arguements we had due to his "writing technique"

If you only get one thing out of this thread, DONT READ EXTRA INTO THE QUESTION. No what if's. ABC and SAMPLE. You'll do fine. relax and forget about the other tests you didnt do well one. You aint the Lone Ranger. Lots of people dont pass the first time. It would be nice if they would tell you what you missed so you could study up on your weak points, but...

Comment

Sounds like a lot of helpful people out there, Good luck on your TEST!!!

Comment

When I took the test it was written. I had to answer all of the questions and then wait 21 days for my result.But like it has been said above, Scene safe, Size up, PPE, ABC's, SAMPLE, DCAP-BTLS and when I took it Contact Online Medical Control. Read the whole question dont read anything into it and pick the best answer for that question.

Comment

just wanted to wish you good luck I just finished my emt-b class and will be taking my nr test in a month or so. This post has been helpful to me you can always rely on tbhs

Comment

Working...
                        X