Florida school shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    The fact this person had a weapon is an adults fault. Someone left it available, sold it to him, didn't secure it properly. These kids shouldn't have free access to firearms. If it was the parents then yes, they should be charged.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    What he said plus the fact that he had been exhibiting violent signs and been expelled for that. It is being said ,he was not allowed to wear a backpack to school because they feared what he may do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

The fact this person had a weapon is an adults fault. Someone left it available, sold it to him, didn't secure it properly. These kids shouldn't have free access to firearms. If it was the parents then yes, they should be charged.

I read the shooter was 19. That’s old enough to purchase the gun legally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Maybe I am missing some details, but wasn’t he 19? He can legally buy a Rifle and ammunition.

Aside from this, it looks like all the warning signs were there. Unfortunately nobody acted on it.

Comment

How did this guy get into a classroom building carrying an AR in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
            Hard to say this without being confrontational but that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Prisons are fortified to keep people in, keeping people out is an unrelated issue.

You want to surround our schools with razor wire and guard towers? We live in a free society and that makes us vulnerable to certain kinds of evil. The alternative is worse, giving up freedom for security almost always results in tyranny.

Did I say I wanted to surround our schools with razor wire and guard towers? Nope.

But how much money to we invest into security on prisons? Compare that to how much money we invest in security at schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed, no need to turn every public place into a fortified prison. Allow the willing to protect themselves and those around them.
              Yes!! Make it a volunteer basis and pay them a extra. Have the go through training and keep it confidential.

Comment

He was 19 years old. He could have went and bought any gun he wanted.

Comment

Prayers sent!

Gun-free zones are an easy target. Seems like this shooter had plenty of time to move through out the school, both inside and outside. Reports are saying he had ties to the Resist movement. Radicalized and inspired by our LWL establishment. Its about time this country realized there's a war on the home front.

Comment

Hard to say this without being confrontational but that is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Prisons are fortified to keep people in, keeping people out is an unrelated issue.

You want to surround our schools with razor wire and guard towers? We live in a free society and that makes us vulnerable to certain kinds of evil. The alternative is worse, giving up freedom for security almost always results in tyranny.

My last posted seemed confrontational, I did not intend that!

No of course I’m not saying we should razor wire our schools and model then after prisons. But the states spend so much dang money on prisons and security of prisons. Maybe cities should take some notes as to why these things don’t happen at those places. Security is the top answer in my book.

Comment

Florida school shooting

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      This level of Evil scares me too. There is no way to bridle it.. It's in a persons heart.

There has been a major shift in the respect and compassion for a human life, in this country, in the short 52 years I've been on this planet..

I've been watching this tragedy unfold, off and on, since 2:30ish. One thing I noticed is the total lack of emotion or compassion that some the kids being interview showed.. Some talked about dead bodies of their fellow class mates lying in the halls like it was no big deal.. I even saw one young man crack a smile while talking about it... Maybe shock. Who knows...

NOT judging...... Just observing.....

Interesting, I saw a mom and her daughter interviewed and thought the same thing about the daughter. Honestly, I felt guilty for judging that young woman in that situation, but what I saw bothered me in her reaction.

We are a violent society. We glorify violence in so many ways. I’m 55 yrs old and the levels of violence (real and make believe) that our kids are exposed to are off the charts compared to 40-50 yrs ago. At some point doesn’t it have to have an effect, maybe? I just don’t know about “us” anymore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Seems like online schooling, home schooling will become more popular. This is a sad situation, and is happening way to often.

Comment

I’m afraid that one of these events (trust me, there will be more) is going to be the final straw and even the folks we think are on our side in Congress are going to cave to political pressure. The parents that are on the fence about guns right now are going to quickly take a stand when kids keep getting hauled out of schools in bags.

My heart truly goes out to those parents whose child didn’t come home his afternoon.

Comment

God fb makes me sick.
                            Supreme Court.
                            Scoreboard.
                            Shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                              What he said plus the fact that he had been exhibiting violent signs and been expelled for that. It is being said ,he was not allowed to wear a backpack to school because they feared what he may do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is the issue here IMO. Kid was showing enough signs years ago to need to be "watched" and was eventually expelled. At what point do warning signs like he exhibited need to be taken seriously? I'd say a student in high school is more than old enough to be a serious threat and should be treated as such.

I understand that there is a large grey area and a fine line as to who decides who presents a threat and who doesn't but this kid clearly had been setting off alarm bells for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                                I’m afraid that one of these events (trust me, there will be more) is going to be the final straw and even the folks we think are on our side in Congress are going to cave to political pressure. The parents that are on the fence about guns right now are going to quickly take a stand when kids keep getting hauled out of schools in bags.

My heart truly goes out to those parents whose child didn’t come home his afternoon.

Agree 110%. We, as gun owners, are going to have to start standing up. Rather than fighting opposition, we need to be implementing solutions.

ISDs cc friendly, armed guard at entrances, etc. Make an example out of the next scum that tries this crap. Start turning their heads into canoes, and the next will think twice.

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

Working...
                                X