Bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for ya brother!!

Never tore one of them but I've tore/ripped/broke just about everything else...

Comment

Prayers for a quick recovery.

Comment

Last night was not a good night ,I was in so much pain.

Comment

Is it torn completely? I'm guessing because of the pain, it's only a partial tear. Generally full tears also tear the nerves as well which transmit the painful feeling. Partial tear may not require surgery.

My wife completely tore her's a few years ago and she didn't have much pain, just lost a lot of control of her foot. She had re-attachment surgery. About a 6 month recovery but they had her in a boot fairly quickly and she was moving around OK. I'm thinking a boot and you'll be in a ground stand (maybe not a tree stand) in no time.

Comment

I broke my ankle a week before bow season about 7 or 8 years ago. Got the cast put on and was hunting in a tree stand opening morning. But ended up hunting out of a ground blind after that. Climbing was doable but a pain in the foot. Hopefully you recover quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
              Is it torn completely? I'm guessing because of the pain, it's only a partial tear. Generally full tears also tear the nerves as well which transmit the painful feeling. Partial tear may not require surgery.

My wife completely tore her's a few years ago and she didn't have much pain, just lost a lot of control of her foot. She had re-attachment surgery. About a 6 month recovery but they had her in a boot fairly quickly and she was moving around OK. I'm thinking a boot and you'll be in a ground stand (maybe not a tree stand) in no time.

According to the doctor that saw me he said I had a tear. I haven't seen a orthopedic doctor yet. All I know is that I heard a pop and I went to the ground in some crazy pain.

Comment

Ouch, hoping for a speedy recovery bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txarrows View Post
                  I was loading a one man genie on a trailer. I heard it pop.
                  Ouch ! Hope you heal fast !! Good luck !

Comment

Ouch. Sorry bud

Comment

Yup ouch is the correct word to use. But dang am I hurting , but I'll survive lol

Comment

When I tore mine I did not need the doctor to tell me. HURT SO BAD!!!!!!

Comment

Had a friend tear his and they had to replace it with one from a cadaver. It was almost a year recovery time for him and lots of physical therapy.

Hope your recovery is much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                            When I tore mine I did not need the doctor to tell me. HURT SO BAD!!!!!!

I heard mine pop and it sent me to the ground. Did you hear yours pop?

Comment

I feel for ya Bud, but look at the bright side. It could have been a shoulder injury. At least your still in the game...

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                                X