Mesquite Country Sausage Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewwland View Post
    anyway someone could text or email me the first 2 spread sheets? my dumb computer at work wont open it. Even when I so "save as" and change it. Thanks

Pm sent

Comment

Travis,
      This will be my first time trying this recipe (Pork and Venison Jal/cheese summer sausage) So if I understand this correctly I should take all the ingredients (I’ve already double ground my meats) and mix all together well (including the cold water and diced high temp cheese) extrude into my casings after they have been soaked in warm water. Tie off ends, poke with small needle every 2-3 inches, then smoke 3 hrs at 130 then cook to 170, then throw in chest freezer immediately for a couple of hours in order to cool.

Couple of questions…
      1.) Would it benefit the flavor to rest the meat after mixing with the spices overnight?
      2.) When you say sub 2-1 fresh jalapenos does that mean double the dry jalapenos mix? (=2.08oz for a 10lb recipe) When using fresh japs do you take out the ribs of the Jalapenos typically?
      3.) Is there a better way to smoke: hanging or laying flat?
      4.) After the initial smoke what temp should I turn the smoker to in order to bring it up to 170? (225, 275?)

Comment

Glocker,

I would not let it rest over night, ground meats break down faster.

Yes, double the dry weight that will work. You can leave them in if you want it spicier up to you.

Hanging always performs better than flat

No greater than 225 degrees.

Comment

You got it thank you for the response. Besides that I'll assume the build method was correct?

Comment

Yes sir, all sounds good!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
              Yes sir, all sounds good!
              Thank you for the help. I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Guys I hate to bother, but I can't get the file on my computer either. Could someone email it to me in excel? If so PM me and I will reply with my address. Thanks fellas

Comment

Originally posted by rackjudge View Post
                  Guys I hate to bother, but I can't get the file on my computer either. Could someone email it to me in excel? If so PM me and I will reply with my address. Thanks fellas
                  I'll send you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by rackjudge View Post
                    Go to "save as" and change the .php to .xls and it will save it as an excel spreadsheet. That's what I had to do to get it to work.

Comment

Yes, that works every time as above

Comment

Excited about finishing up my pan sausage last night...I'm thinking breakfast for dinner tonight.

Comment

Mesquite Country your recipes are awesome. Me and some buds did up 530# this weekend. We did Chirizo, jalapeƱo and cheese, pan sausage, and Italian. Loved them all.

Our last 100# we are going to smoke. After you add cure do you need to cook right away or can you wait until the next day?

Comment

I'm a worn out poppy after working 530 pounds in 3 days.

Mesquite Country what is your favorite recipe off your spread sheet?
                            Last edited by Learjet; 01-11-2016, 10:26 AM.

Comment

The chorizo is probably my favorite. I tried many versions of that one, and that one hit the right color and flavor for everyone that has had it.

Yes you can hold overnight on cure.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                                The chorizo is probably my favorite. I tried many versions of that one, and that one hit the right color and flavor for everyone that has had it.

Yes you can hold overnight on cure.

I've not made the chorizo yet, but dang now I'm going to have to!

Comment

Working...
                                X