Judge for snake gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge for snake gun

who uses the Taurus Judge for their snake gun?

I do , bit of an overkill but it works

Comment

Rugar LCR 38/357 with snake shot. Very light and small in the pocket. Dont even know it is there. Judge would be big heavy and a pain in the but if you are meaning a snake gun to carry while out. If just around the house barn or in the truck maybe.

Comment

We have a 6.5" SS Judge that works in the truck, in the UTV and at least for us is NOT that heavy or a pain to put on your belt. The 410 will end your problems quickly with a snake and the 45LC works on close encounters with critters like a hog...from experience.

Comment

I do! I haven’t had to use it yet, and I am not complaining about that.

Comment

I’ve ran a fairly large gambit looking for that “snake gun”.

Evey dang Judge I had (shame on me x 5) jammed up and dealing with customer service sucked bigger than bigtime.

My Bro-N-Law uses one on his TV show and God Bless him no failure yet

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The pistol calibers with the plastic capsules would eventually slide out or jump crimp

The Bond Derringer works, but kinda expensive. If you want Hell-Fer-Stout reliability, its the one.
            Things that cannot go wrong with the Bond, primers can’t pop backward jamming the action, capsules don’t jump crimp or fall out, 410 birdshot is everywhere. Winchester AA will give you the tightest pattern because of the innards.

I settled for the purpose on a Charter Pitbull 45 acp with the CCI shotshells but it ain’t a Bond.

The .40 & .45 shotshells because of the way they are made have only yielded reliability.

It really boils down to when you come face to face with the critter, do you need it to work 100%
            Last edited by Johnny44; 10-15-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Get a real revolver in 357mag/38spl / 44mag/44spl or 45LC and use rat shot for the first chamber or two & the rest for two & 4 legged snakes.

The judge is a boat anchor & not needed for a snake killer...the 410 is an excellent & challenging round for shooting doves. It's a poor choice for self defense as a long gun, much less a pistol. It gets points for marketing only. Don't fall for it.

Comment

I do. Killed several rattlers with mine. Deadly on snakes and I’ve had no problems whatsoever.

Comment

I use the Judge for my snake gun and have been pleased with it. I've used it numerous times on snakes and have never had any negative issue with it.

I don't think the snakes like it much.

Comment

It is my snake killer. I will also put it on my belt for spot and stalk Whitetail for rattlesnakes. Usually it rides between drivers seat and center console of the jeep on river trips to the Llano. Hasn't met a snake it didn't kill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Artos, the 410 is the ONLY shotgun as effective as a 12 gauge for some purposes that I have found.

410 and 12 gauge have 000 buck, 3” 410 have 5 in a column. Brenneke slugs will drop a 400lb hog on the spot with a pass through. Remington long range and AA Winchester for birds, rabbits, and squirrels. Regular off the shelf Rem slugs for coyotes and such. Oh, the triple-aught to the neck drops hogs too.

I get humored from 410 discussions because I put it to the test for kicks. I put it to the test very hard too, I shot lots of game in several states.

I was so impressed by the 410 and Federal Handgun 3” 000 on pigs in a full choke that I now use it for home defense.

Make no mistake, I’m talking shotgun length barrels of 20” or more.
                      Last edited by Johnny44; 10-15-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I'll let Mike D take it from here...

I stand by my comments. The judge sucks as a self defense gun as does the 410 in general vs the many many other better options. I think it's comical to compare a 12ga bore to the 410 & not gonna waste my time. It's now turned as I expected & not gonna get sucked into explaining the ignorance.

To the OP, it's an efficient snake gun but your money is better spent on a traditional revolver.

Comment

I do. It's just so dang loud

Comment

I have never met a snake that I couldn't kill with whatever handgun I'm carrying at the moment. From a Ruger LCP to a Blackhawk in .45 Colt or a G20, or any of the other handguns I carry at times. They don't rush you like a grizzly bear, they just coil up or slide away. If they strike before you see them, it's usually too late anyway......

Comment

Comical is giving an opinion without anything to back it up except an opinion. I give you guys my word as a retired soldier, the 410 is a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Working...
                              X