No announcement yet.

Range finder, binos, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally depends on budget. Unless you are in a position to dish out big $'s for Swaros or something similar in that class, then the best bino under $400, and maybe even under $500 or $600, could be the Vanguard Endeavor ED. The reviews speak for themselves. If hardcore birdwatchers really like it, then you know it's good. They spend crazy money on optics.

http://www.birdwatching.com/optics/2...ns/review.html

http://www.amazon.com/Vanguard-Endea.../dp/B008VS6NBS

Comment

Leupold RX1000i rangefinder. By far the best.
      Leupold binos, the new BX4, best price for high quality glass.

Comment

Well if you only want to buy once and be done forever get Leica, Zeiss or Swarovski. You do get what you pay for in this case and it will last a lifetime. I have the Leica CRF1000 rangefinder and Leica Trinovids 8x50 that are 12 years old and are as clear as the day I bought them. Get the best you can with what you can afford. Zeiss has some new binos out that are very affordable so you might look into them. Good luck with whatever you get

Comment

Originally posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
          Well if you only want to buy once and be done forever get Leica, Zeiss or Swarovski. You do get what you pay for in this case and it will last a lifetime. I have the Leica CRF1000 rangefinder and Leica Trinovids 8x50 that are 12 years old and are as clear as the day I bought them. Get the best you can with what you can afford. Zeiss has some new binos out that are very affordable so you might look into them. Good luck with whatever you get
          Thanks brother. I'm definitely upgrading in the next couple years, but I don't have a rangefinder or binos so I need to at least get the essentials. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
            I like my Leuopold RX-1000i TBR rangefinder as it had features and proven reliability that other rangefinders didn't have when I was looking.

I love my Swarovision 8.5x42's. I've never experienced glass even close to them.
            my set up as well you have the el's or the slc?

The rxi with red lettering rocks in the dark . . . . little tough in super bright light but I'm worried about the visual the lighting is low then when it's clear. anything works well when it's clear.

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
              my set up as well you have the el's or the slc?

The rxi with red lettering rocks in the dark . . . . little tough in super bright light but I'm worried about the visual the lighting is low then when it's clear. anything works well when it's clear.
              The new EL's. They are ridiculous. Absolutely amazing.

Comment

Another vote for the Swaro El's. Great glass and a solid range finder.

Comment

I have Brunt on Eternas 11x45,before I bought them I compared them to Swears and they where better IMO...

Comment

My Archers choice RF has been awesome. I'd recommend it. I only bow hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                      My Archers choice RF has been awesome. I'd recommend it. I only bow hunt.
                      I think that's what I'm gonna go with.. I've been lookin at them and really like em

Comment

Nikon monarch's 8/42 and bushnell chuck Adam's r/f.work great for me

Comment

Andy, if it helps here's what I did. Partly because I'm a penny pincher but mostly because my needs for my RF kept increasing.

I bought the $79 wild game RF. It would get the job done for STILL bow hunting. Ranging close trees, etc.. Anything past 150 yards was a guess. lol

Then I got a $175 Bushnell 800 (or 850 i cant remeber) ARC. It was ok for bow hunting and "short range" gun hunting. It's effectiveness maxed out around 300-350 yards.

Then I got a $225 Nikon 800 and it was nice but still not "as advertised" and it was slow out past a few hundred. It was good to about 500 yards on trees/bolders/etc then sketchy past that. It was also not the clearest glass and tough to see at dusk n dawn.

FINALLY I decided to go with the Vortex 1000 ($379), the 1000Leupold RX1000i ($399) or the Leica 800 ($599). The Swaro's and such were well out of what I wanted spend on a RF so I didn't even look. I went with the Leu after using these three side by side. Couldn't be happier. It's lighting fast, ranges EASILY out to 900 yards and I've got buildings and tree lines to read at just shy of 1,100 yards. It's also REALLY small and has the red adjustable reticle. So it's easy to see anytime!

Any RF can "work" but its like most hunting gear, what it comes down to is what your specific needs are for it and how much you want to spend on it.

Hope this helps.
                          Last edited by Cuz; 06-25-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I've got the Nikon 550 rf, there's not too much to get tall in up here so I didn't really need an archers rf. plus it comes in handy when I need to range further distances farting around.

I've got a pair of Nikon trailblazer 10x42s that have been good binos, they have ridden on my dash for 3 years now. I'm not that big of a fan of them though, if your not looking straight down the tube, there will be a fuzzy spot come out on the sides of the lense. More like a sun glare problem. Its kinda hard to explain but if you looked through them you would see what I'm talking about. It kinda screws me up when I'm glassing a lot of terrain and looking around in the lenses.

Comment

Working...
                            X