Off brand equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off brand equipment

I was at Cabelas one time and on that day they had a lot of reps in the archery ection. I was on the arrow aisle and was approached by a rep. I wasn't buying arrows but we got to talking and I asked him the difference between Cabelas brand carbon arrows and that of brand X. He said, the fancy name. That basically Cabelas' buys them from brand X and just puts their name on it and sells it at a slightly lower price. Now on to my question. I shoot G5 Strikers, they are dead on accurate out of my bow. Cabelas sells their version of them and it got me thinking, are they just the same except name and the color of the blades? They are $15 less a pack so that is why I'm asking, I rarely reuse broadheads so if I can get out of buying $40 broadheads I will. Anyone shoot an off brand like Cabelas?

Cabela's brand
    Attached Files

Comment

G5 Striker
      Attached Files

Comment

They look similar I don't see why they wouldn't fly the same.

Comment

the tip is different

Comment

You do know that anything razor sharp will cut a blood vessel. If you shoot that same bh, either one, and is razor sharp, through the lungs, you will find blood.

Comment

3children has a point, but one thing ive noticed is the lack of "aerodynamic" bh's the G5 stryker will definanitly have a different flight pattern, because there are concave shaped blood grooves the g5's will actually help keep a flatter flight path. where as the cabella's brand bh is concaved the other direction which will cause the arrow to nose down ever so slightly. you would have to adjust for the arrow drop w/ your sights.. this is simply based on my knowledge of basic aerodynamics, from flying r/c airplanes/helicopters for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Samiel2d View Post
                3children has a point, but one thing ive noticed is the lack of "aerodynamic" bh's the G5 stryker will definanitly have a different flight pattern, because there are concave shaped blood grooves the g5's will actually help keep a flatter flight path. where as the cabella's brand bh is concaved the other direction which will cause the arrow to nose down ever so slightly. you would have to adjust for the arrow drop w/ your sights.. this is simply based on my knowledge of basic aerodynamics, from flying r/c airplanes/helicopters for a few years.
                Idon't know.
                I imagine the heads are MIM heads manufactured by G5 for Cabelas and are basically the same as the BPS Blackout.
                I also would imagine the straightness tolerance is not as tight.

Comment

They say that about the Cabelas arrows but they shoot larger groups than my Eastons.

Comment

Just like Walmart....the big box stores will contract with the manufacturer of any product to produce said product for less than the manufacturer wants for it. The manufacturer then is forced to cut corners in order to maintain a profit and the end result is a product identical in cosmetics but lacking in quality. When buying arrows, my main concerns are 1)straigtness tolerance .003 max for me, 2)weight toleranance +/- 1.0gr for me and 3)durability. NOW, you can't tell if the arrow is going to be durable by looking at it, but I would be willing to bet there is something about those Cabelas arrows that is not up to par with the name brand arrow, be it the straigtness, weight tolerance or durability.

Comment

Working...
                    X