Big Bend Youth Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bend Youth Hunt

Anyone’s kids get drawn for the youth hunt? My oldest hunted 2 years ago and missed opportunity on a nice one and let a fork horn go. This year daughter and wife will join, first year for her to go. It will be more of a hiking trip for her. Can’t wait to get back out there, a little later than last time. Hopefully they won’t still be in bachelor groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My two boys got drawn for the youth hunt at Big bend Ranch SP, Nov 30-Dec 2.

Comment

Anyone else going to be out there Nov 30- Dec2?

Comment

My son was drawn last year for the early December hunt and we hunted in snow the first morning. We hunted hard in beautiful cold clear weather for the weekend and saw one deer about 600 yards away. We were in Unit 4 which I can recommend for the scenery but the accessibility to the unit is pretty poor. You have two park and walk in options as there are no roads that give you access to the interior of the unit. One of the park and walk options is through extremely rugged terrain.

Four kids were on the hunt and a girl killed a nice buck from a unit that had good pick-up access. My son did pass on a javelina.

That all being said we’d go back tomorrow if we had the chance. Accommodations and staff were excellent but hope and pray that the guy in the bunk room next to yours doesn’t snore.

Comment

I’ll have my 12 and 14 year old with me and already told them the chance of shooting a deer is going to be slim. It will be fun just to be able to see some new country and spend time in a cool place.

Comment

Working...
          X