No announcement yet.

Llano River Flooding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Casey;13704033]Is it me or is there a wall of water headed down the Guadalupe right now?

Weather Updated: Oct 16 7:18AM

Issued by the National Weather Service

For Kendall County, Texas

RIVER FLOOD WARNING FROM 7:18AM CDT TUE UNTIL 4:46AM CDT WED THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN AUSTIN/SAN ANTONIO HAS ISSUED A * FLOOD WARNING FOR THE GUADALUPE RIVER AT COMFORT. * UNTIL LATE TONIGHT...OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELLED. * AT 6:45 AM TUESDAY THE STAGE WAS 18.8 FEET. * FLOOD STAGE IS 21.0 FEET. * MAJOR FLOODING IS FORECAST. * FORECAST...RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY THIS MORNING AND CONTINUE TO RISE TO NEAR 30.3 FEET BY LATE THIS MORNING.THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY LATE THIS AFTERNOON. * IMPACT...AT 31.0 FEET...NUMEROUS HOMES FLOOD ABOVE CENTER POINT TO NEAR COMFORT. MOST ROADS AND BRIDGES NEAR THE RIVER FLOOD. FLOW APPROACHES HOMES IN THE WESTERN PART OF COMFORT AND ADDITIONAL RUNOFF DOWN CYPRESS CREEK FLOODS THEM. MAJOR LOWLAND FLOODING CUTS LIVESTOCK OFF IN THE FLOOD PLAIN, POTENTIALLY DROWNING THEM. && BELOW ARE THE LATEST RIVER STAGES AND FORECASTS: BF FLD OBSERVED FORECAST 7AM LOCATION STG STG STG DAY TIME WED THU FRI SAT SUN COMFORT 10 21 18.8 TUE 7 AM
    Attached Files

Comment

My wife is the flood plain administrator for llano county. She said it looks like another large crest is on the way from mason. I’ve never seen the river this big. It’s not looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
        Just got word from a neighbor that lake lbj is up between 8-10' in the sunrise beach/granite shoals area. Our boathouse is still there but our boat has been washed away. If anyone sees a 23' mastercraft floating by be sure and grab it for me!
        That's a bummer....

Comment

Hope everyone in the area can get safe and dry asap.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Just a horrible situation! So many folks will have lost everything... High concentration of TBH family in this area either with homes, leases or both... Gonna be a while recovering from this!! Almost reminds me of our situation on the coast from Harvey last year... it's just happening at a much faster pace... sometimes in minutes instead of days!! Unbelievable what the natural world is capable of!!

I pray for safety and no loss of life as a result of this devastation!
            I was thinking the same thing Charlie!

Little over a year ago Harvey left my family with very little. I know the hopeless feeling of watching the water rise and the pain afterward! Im praying for these folks with tears in my eyes and pain in my heart!

I'm ready to help if anybody needs it now or in the aftermath! I'm retired now so have the time and am ready to pay back the help i recieved! Please contact me if you know of someone i can help who has been affected!

Comment

just heard they are opening up two on Travis at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                LCRA has a history of being a day late and dollar short.
                I know, right? They did good last week when the Llano crested at 24 feet. They let a couple feet out of LBJ before the wall of water hit it.
                I thought maybe they had learned from past mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                  My wife is the flood plain administrator for llano county. She said it looks like another large crest is on the way from mason. I’ve never seen the river this big. It’s not looking good.
                  Good Lord! If that is the case then I assume there is even more cause for concern for the Llano River Bridge in Llano over the river. It is already been at the base of that bridge!

Comment

LCRA says possibly 4 floodgates open at 6p on Travis. Will 4 put water in downtown Austin? Prayers sent for yall

Comment

Watch the 2nd video, it shows the wall of water coming into Llano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Backwoods101; 10-16-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                        It’s now up to 31.35’ at the 87 bridge SE of Mason and rising fast. So yes, another rise is coming down. It first crested at 5:30 this morning, dropped 7’ and is rising again. All the water from James River and Kimble County is making its way down.

Comment

Man, that's one big slug of water headed for Canyon Lake...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	24556412

Link

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            I know, right? They did good last week when the Llano crested at 24 feet. They let a couple feet out of LBJ before the wall of water hit it.
                            I thought maybe they had learned from past mistakes.
                            Could you imagine the backlash if LCRA released water and then no flood waters hit and Austin ran short on water?

That's why they have craptons of checks and measures before releasing water.

I agree though it should be pretty obvious that they should have been releasing water early this morning..even at Mansfield.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                              Just got word from a neighbor that lake lbj is up between 8-10' in the sunrise beach/granite shoals area. Our boathouse is still there but our boat has been washed away. If anyone sees a 23' mastercraft floating by be sure and grab it for me!
                              A friend of mine sent me a pic earlier. There is a boat in his yard.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                                LCRA says possibly 4 floodgates open at 6p on Travis. Will 4 put water in downtown Austin? Prayers sent for yall
                                No. Austin is safe for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X