Please help me pray for our Emmett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emmett looking good!

Continued prayers for Emmett and his parents.

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. The LORD works great miracles. TTT

Comment

Prayers for Emmett Stay strong

Comment

Day 61 update. Happy 2 month birthday Emmett! You turned our world upside down 2 months ago. Fearful and shocked, we were left praying hard that you would persevere and thrive. You've done amazing little man, overcoming one serious obstacle after another.

Emmett's nurse decide to try him off of the chin strap that helps keep his mouth closed today. Having the chin strap off and keeping his 02 requirement down is a precursor to switching to nasal cannula. Unlike previous attempts at this, Emmett did really well today! He kept it off all day, and even got his 02 down to 25%. This was very encouraging to see. Mom gave Emmett another bath today. He enjoyed it as usual. We are still at 4lb 6oz, something I'm going to bring up in rounds tomorrow.

Later in the evening Emmett received his immunization shots. As usual, I stayed by his bedside so I could hold my hands on him and make sure everything goes smooth. Expecting the same reaction to his first round (which didn't even phase him), I was heartbroken when he let out the biggest cry I've ever seen him do. It was the kind where nothing comes out for a period. I would have given anything to take that pain from him. We expect some type of reaction to the vaccines, likely causing his oxygen requirements to increase. Hopefully it will be minimal, and he'll be back to normal and no time.

In these two months, Krystal and I have witnessed Gods work at hand. Not just through Emmett, through you all as well. The support, prayers, and help you've all shown has been amazing. Thank you all for following our little man's progress. Also, Missy McCall is working on getting T shirts distributed to those who requested one. If you did, please reach out to her to finalize things. Thank you to all who bought a Team Emmett shirt! We love seeing you all in them!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 62 update. As expected, we did see some effects from the vaccinations. Thankfully though, they were manageable and didn't cause any significant setbacks. Up until noon, you wouldn't have suspected any change. After that however, we started seeing dips in his 02 saturation that caused his oxygen percent to go up into the mid 30s. Emmett dealt with these dips through the rest of the day.

Emmett's repeat eye exam was bumped to tomorrow. This had more to do with the availability of the eye doctor rather than any particular concern. It concerns us to stack stressful procedures, but on the flip side, we can get them all done then hopefully work towards nasal cannula early next week. You all know by now how stressed we are about eye exams. Praying we get good results again.

The hospital had another donor visiting the floor today, and asked if they could stop by Emmett's room and chat with us about him and our stay. I enjoy talking about our little guy and what obstacles he's been able to overcome, so it was a "yes" for us. Plus it's an opportunity to brag about the healthcare team in the NICU, who are all very deserving of praise. We're so proud of our guy. I'm afraid we're going to be those parents that talk non stop about their kid. You know the type!

Tomorrow is going to be a first for Krystal and I since August 9th. We finally decided to spend our first night back at the house together. We're going to cook dinner, then work on getting Emmett's room together. I might even slip off to the woods come morning with my bow! Thank you all for continuing to follow Emmett's journey, and for the prayers and support. You all are amazing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayer sent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man he looks so grown up and strong compared to the first month. Prayers and praises!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for Emmett

Comment

Keeping y’all in my prayers.

Comment

more prayers and support sent for the little man

God is Great

Comment

Prayers continue, loving the progress!

Comment

prayers sent.

Comment

We are still united in prayer for Emmett, family, and care staff. All this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Happy for the positive updates! Continued prayers for y’all

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

More prayers sent! Baby boy is growing up quick! We had boy girl twins and they came five weeks early. Baby girl was ready to go but my baby boy had to stay in the NICU for 13 days and it was the hardest thing ever for me. All I can say is that y'all are very strong and I'm happy everyday to check this post and see the daily progress being made. Mine will be 4 next month and it just seems like we were at that hospital just a few days ago! We were at Baylor and it was just amazing how great the Dr.s and staff of NICU were. Let's go Emmett!!

Comment

Working...
                                X