Internal footer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    How are you keeping the internal shaft in place?
    They are super tight. They are holding themselves in place. I have shot them a couple dozen times and check the measurements from the back and they haven’t moved yet.

I mediallion 500 shaft takes about 30 seconds of sanding to fit inside my shafts.

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
      Make sure the x impacts fit really tight in the carnivores or it won’t stop the flex.

Below is 15 yards.
      In that picture you have two bareshafts to the right of the fletched. That means nock left. You can fix that by twisting left loop or moving cam to the left.

So I’m not sure what your showing me yet.

I’ll test tonight

Thanks.

Comment

That’s what I thought would happen. If you double the spine of the first 8 inches of an arrow it should behave like an arrow that is 8 inches shorter. That’s what it appears has happened for me.

What I would like to do is try this with a goldtip XT or something with a ultra light GPI. Add 10-12 inches of shaft inside behind the insert to double the spine over half the arrow. It should make for an extreme FOC arrow.

More testing is needed.
        If you don’t have the components you need for your testing Firenock has exactly what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by enewman View Post
          In that picture you have two bareshafts to the right of the fletched. That means nock left. You can fix that by twisting left loop or moving cam to the left.

So I’m not sure what your showing me yet.

I’ll test tonight

Thanks.
          This is what I had been using as a guide.

Comment

This is what I had been using as a guide.

https://www.goldtip.com/Resources/Tu...uning-(1).aspx
            That works great. For recurves.

Remember side tears for a compound bow with a release are power stroke alignment problems. Weak arrows will be nock high. So when comparing tima fletched weak is low with nock high.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by enewman; 08-28-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

here is a test with a fletched and a bare shaft. now I didn't have power stroke alignment set. this is why the arrows are not straight up and down but look at the fletched vs the bare shaft. see the big spread in between the 300 gr tip but look what happen once I got to the 125 gr tip. what I did is what a tip replacement method. it will show you if you have the correct tip weight for that spine

Comment

here is a test with a fletched and a bare shaft. now I didn't have power stroke alignment set. this is why the arrows are not straight up and down but look at the fletched vs the bare shaft. see the big spread in between the 300 gr tip but look what happen once I got to the 125 gr tip. what I did is what a tip replacement method. it will show you if you have the correct tip weight for that spine

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVqxLy9AZcGhAyHZPxIO1153s-d
                I see I have been at this from the wrong angle.

Is there a way to fix this without a bow press? I doubt I can get to a shop in the next two weeks.

Comment

I see I have been at this from the wrong angle.

Is there a way to fix this without a bow press? I doubt I can get to a shop in the next two weeks.
                  If you are trying to modify arrow spine by adding front or back weights, without knowing your bow is in perfect tune, you’re simply spinning your wheels and guessing. There is not a single person that can advise or assist, unless you and they know your bow is perfectly tuned. If you’re gonna attempt this type of arrow modifications, you need your own press and need to know how to tune.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    If you are trying to modify arrow spine by adding front or back weights, without knowing your bow is in perfect tune, you’re simply spinning your wheels and guessing. There is not a single person that can advise or assist, unless you and they know your bow is perfectly tuned. If you’re gonna attempt this type of arrow modifications, you need your own press and need to know how to tune.
                    Yes. The bow must be set up before dynamic tuning can be done correctly. Now knowing how to tune can be taught. It’s a slow process.

Learning reactions just take time. And you must understand what the reaction is telling you.
                    It’s like the paper I posted on the tipmreplacement. That is a paper to truly find the correct reaction of the arrow. It will get you to the correct spine.
                    Last edited by enewman; 09-02-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AtVqxLy9AZcGhAyHZPxIO1153s-d
                      Good read Enewman.

Comment

Went back and got the bow tuned today. Broadheads hit with the field points out to 60 yards. I haven’t shot any farther yet.

Enewman, have you had a chance to shoot those arrows you built?

Comment

Went back and got the bow tuned today. Broadheads hit with the field points out to 60 yards. I haven’t shot any farther yet.

Enewman, have you had a chance to shoot those arrows you built?
                          yes, but all I had was an arrow with an OD of .231 I did use a 24 hour epoxy but it didn't take but a few shots and it was broke lose. so I'm guessing .0135 is to loose. I need to get a x impact 250 spine. .240 OD

at this time I dont have time to move to the next step. my TDT arrows got here so im getting set up for hunting. I will get back to this come spring.

Comment

Working...
                          X