Thoughts on the elite impulse 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshwt View Post
    What did you think about the elite impulse 34? Have you chrono'd your current setup?
    I liked the 34, but it was just a bit too long for what I was looking for and a bit heavy. I have not put my setup through the chrono yet. I've been meaning to though. I will let you know when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
      I liked the 34, but it was just a bit too long for what I was looking for and a bit heavy. I have not put my setup through the chrono yet. I've been meaning to though. I will let you know when I do.
      Appreciate it!

Comment

I shot the 31 last week at hoffy's.Aaron told me before I shot it that it isn't going to draw like my heli-m and he was right.For me there was too much of a difference in the draw having a rather noticeable peak before dropping into the valley.I then went to another archery shop and shot both the Halon and the no cam Htx.Both bows in my opinion drew much smoother than the Impulse with no noticeable peak and solid back wall.Don't get me wrong as the Impulse also had a very solid back wall.I just prefer a constant draw from start to full draw.I also shot the htr about a month ago and it too was silky smooth and very dead in the hand

Comment

Appreciate it!
          Well, shot my Impulse 31 through the chrono and here are the numbers I got at the bow shop. Not too shabby for that heavy an arrow.

Draw weight: 65lbs
          Draw Length: 30"
          Arrow weight: 494gr
          Speed: 267fps
          Kinetic Energy: 78.4 ft/lbs

Comment

Originally posted by jbtamu1011 View Post
            Well, shot my Impulse 31 through the chrono and here are the numbers I got at the bow shop. Not too shabby for that heavy an arrow.

Draw weight: 65lbs
            Draw Length: 30"
            Arrow weight: 494gr
            Speed: 267fps
            Kinetic Energy: 78.4 ft/lbs
            Not bad, calculates out to 330 IBO assuming 20 grains on the string.

Comment

I like my 31. For a speed cam it's very easy to shoot.

Comment

I purchased the impulse 34, will post chrono results later this week! So far so good. It took a few days to get adjusted to the draw cycle
                Dumping at the end, but i got it worked out

Comment

I purchased the impulse 34, will post chrono results later this week! So far so good. It took a few days to get adjusted to the draw cycle
                  Awesome!! Looking forward to your numbers.

Comment

Looking forward to your results. A number of guys have been reporting only a 3-4 FPS improvement for the Impulse 31 and 34 over the E32 and E35. If that is the case it is not worth giving up 1" of brace height and the stiffer draw cycle.

A previous poster showed his I31 at 330 IBO vs the 340 claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by dadams View Post
                      Looking forward to your results. A number of guys have been reporting only a 3-4 FPS improvement for the Impulse 31 and 34 over the E32 and E35. If that is the case it is not worth giving up 1" of brace height and the stiffer draw cycle.

A previous poster showed his I31 at 330 IBO vs the 340 claimed.
                      Are you referring to me?

Isn't IBO calculated with nothing on the string at 30"/70lbs and a 350gr arrow? If that's the case, claimed IBO would be correct for the I31, right? I'm still learning lots and want to learn as much as possible. Help me out if I'm wrong.

Comment

You make adjustments for the weight on the string, draw length, draw weight. I ran the numbers you posted through the calculator on archerycalculator.com and assumed you had a peep and d-loop on the string that would weight 20 grains. The result was your bow running at an IBO of 330. If the IBO was 340 your arrow should have been going 10 FPS faster than it was. It may not be the bow, the Chrono could be off, your actual draw length could be shorter than listed and the draw weight could be lower. If all of those things are correct though with that arrow the IBO is 330 not the advertised 340. You could get different results with a lighter or heavier arrow too.

Comment

You make adjustments for the weight on the string, draw length, draw weight. I ran the numbers you posted through the calculator on archerycalculator.com and assumed you had a peep and d-loop on the string that would weight 20 grains. The result was your bow running at an IBO of 330. If the IBO was 340 your arrow should have been going 10 FPS faster than it was. It may not be the bow, the Chrono could be off, your actual draw length could be shorter than listed and the draw weight could be lower. If all of those things are correct though with that arrow the IBO is 330 not the advertised 340. You could get different results with a lighter or heavier arrow too.
                          Makes sense. My strings do have the above mentioned as well as two Limbsaver string leeches each on the top and bottom of my sting. It's the leeches you see in the stock I31 photos. I couldn't find them by Googling to see how many grains they were. If the four leeches are an additional 30 grains on the string, then the claimed IBO would be correct. I went to the site you just posted and placed all information in.

Comment

The stock string leeches would not count against the IBO rating, neither would the speed nocks on the string. If they come with the bow from the manufacturer the IBO they advertise is calculated with them on.

Comment

The stock string leeches would not count against the IBO rating, neither would the speed nocks on the string. If they come with the bow from the manufacturer the IBO they advertise is calculated with them on.
                              Gotcha. Maybe I need to see what my actual draw weight is then. And, I found out through some research that I don't have leeches. They are the stock speed nocks on the string. Learning something everyday.

Comment

How's the I34 treating you still?

Comment

Working...
                                X