No announcement yet.

coin shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coin shortage??? You haven’t been working on my washing machine obviously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tjciranni View Post
      It absolutely is. I have been into two different stores lately and they would not take my cash. How crazy is that.
      What stores so I can fill a basket, try to pay cash, and then, leave.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
        Legal US tender. I probably would have mad a spectacle.

Yup, me too.

Comment

Cashed in our piggy bank today because of this thread. $175.00 back in the pot.............

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Cashed in our piggy bank today because of this thread. $175.00 back in the pot.............
            I'll just take a bag full of coins when I go shopping. Two can play this game.

Comment

I have seen signs posted in a couple of Brookshire Brothers stores requesting the use of other forms of payment other than cash if possible. There are some in big government that would like a cashless society. If you haven’t ever read up on this topic it is interesting but scary of the control they could have.

Comment

I saw a sign yesterday, "Due to Federal bank policy changes..............."

Does anybody REALLY know the story behind this cash use deal?

Comment

We're 6 months into shut downs, no work, no production, oil fields shut down, pumping fake money into an economy... Money isn't circulating, cash isn't going away, it's just being tucked away for the ROUGH times we're in for

Comment

I seen a gal wearing spandex britches and could have swore they was full of nickels.

Comment

Originally posted by radar View Post
                      i seen a gal wearing spandex britches and could have swore they was full of nickels.
                      lmao!!!!

Comment

I think they should do away with the penny. For what it costs the Mint to make them is far more than a penny. Just round everything off. Over 3cents...a nickel. Under 3cents, round to the zero.
                        My parent's friends owned MANY laundromats. The silver coins they have collected over the years would make a small mint jealous.
                        Coins are a PITA now. Who would even bend down to pick up a penny now? Many stores have a change tray on the counter for customers to pick from when the tab is off a few cents.
                        Change used to be a BIG thing. As a kid, getting a quarter from Nonna was HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          I seen a gal wearing spandex britches and could have swore they was full of nickels.
                          That's funny right there. I had to walk outside the office over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            I think they should do away with the penny. For what it costs the Mint to make them is far more than a penny. Just round everything off. Over 3cents...a nickel. Under 3cents, round to the zero.
                            My parent's friends owned MANY laundromats. The silver coins they have collected over the years would make a small mint jealous.
                            Coins are a PITA now. Who would even bend down to pick up a penny now? Many stores have a change tray on the counter for customers to pick from when the tab is off a few cents.
                            Change used to be a BIG thing. As a kid, getting a quarter from Nonna was HUGE!
                            I NEVER walk past change. EVER. Picked up $85 worth of change in a month Last time I was out at Camp Wilson for Mojave Viper.

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                              I NEVER walk past change. EVER. Picked up $85 worth of change in a month Last time I was out at Camp Wilson for Mojave Viper.

Me either. I pick up every penny (or any other coin I see). There's two blessings on every coin in our system... On each side is says "In God We Trust"... That's worth pickin' up for me. I've got an old brass spit-tune (cuspidor) sitting at the edge of my desk in my office at home. I drop the pennies I find in it... been doing that for many years. It's over half full now. Lots of wheat straw pennies in that ol' spit-tune...

Comment

They are just conditioning us for what is about to happen
                                The way they are spending money they don’t have, the value of American currency is going to plummet.
                                A dollar bill will be the new penny. No need for coins anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X