Arrow Trajectory Graph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Trajectory Graph

Started out by putting a 1" black spot about 6 inches from the top of my bag target, and then pulling a long measuring tape from the target out 105' (35 yd.). Piece of paper with 5, 10, 15--to 35. Using only top pin, started shooting at exact 5 yard distances by the measuring tape. Recorded the distance above or below the spot where the arrow hit all the way out to 35 yards. At that distance, I was getting close to the bottom of the bag since I shoot a very heavy arrow (600 gr.) out of a diamond outlaw set at about 50#. Here is my rough graph I got by plugging in the drop and distance numbers. Sorry, I cut off the yardage marks at top of the graph, but it is just 0, 5, 10, etc.

Another thing I found is that by backing off to the distance you want to set your pins, you can shoot the dot with your top pin, draw your bow and sight the top pin on the dot, and your pin for that distance should cover the arrow you just shot. A lot better than the old shoot, fiddle with sight, shoot, fiddle with the sight,etc., etc.
    Attached Files

I like this. Good thinkn

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Pretty cool.

Comment

ARCHery is a beautiful thing!

Comment

Cool

Comment

Working...