Arrow Spine Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow Spine Question

I want to shoot a heavier arrow with changing shafts (already have two dozen). I shoot 29" 7595 GT Pro Hunters out of a 29" draw, #70, 323ibo bow. Can I switch from 100g broadheads to 125g BH with a 20g weight insert with that spine? Will it then be under spined with that extra 45g up front? Some input from the GS would be appreciated. Or should I just rig a few up and see how the fly/tune?

without changing shafts

Comment

I would try setting it up and seeing what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxisman View Post
        I would try setting it up and seeing what it does.
        Guess your probably right, just figured I would ask before buying new broadheads and inserts.

Comment

Pm rocky that guy knows a lot about this.

Comment

I shoot GT 75/95's @28" out of a 70# HCA with 150 grains added to the front. Well underspined, but they still fly great. Lucky probably as I should be shooting a spine in the neighbor hood of .275. Depending on what length your arrow is, you should be close to still being spined right. Rocky will know also, but the arrow length needs to be known.

Comment

all gold tips also take the screw in insert weights, you can do lots of experimenting without it being permanent.

you should also have room to shorten your arrow thus stiffening it. good luck
              Last edited by hogdaddy; 11-05-2013, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                X