help with info on 3 older bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with info on 3 older bows

I bought these three older bows a while back and I am trying to decide how to use them, and get any reviews or info anyone here might have about them.

1. PSE Polaris Game Sport
    2. PSE Nova
    3. Martin Lynx Magnum Left Handed

Ideas I had for them are set them up for my wife and kids one of them is a lefty ... or set one up for bowfishing. Can the Lynx or Nova DL and DW be lightened and shortened enough for my boys. 22" & 40-45#.
    or for my wife 24.5" & 40-55# ???

Would it be worth the money trying to set them up like this or would it be better to sell them and buy something better made for youth or women and just rig one for a fishing bow for myself? Sorry for the crappy cel phone pics.

Thanks for the help.
    MJ
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 08-08-2012, 08:45 AM.

I had a Nova awhile back, and mine would only crank down to approx. 55ish pounds, I dunno how much further down you could get em! If it were me, I'd sell and get something set up for shorter and lighter draw weights then keep one as your bowfishin rig!

Comment

Both of the PSE bows will adjust down in draw length about 2 inches to 28 with the current configuration. You can take them down in weight to low 60s, upper 50 pound area safely. You will not be able to get them in the 22-24 draw length range without different cams. And it will take different limbs to get draw weights that low also.

I think the Martin would need limbs and cams also. If not it would at least take modules to get the DL that low, but the poundage will never get there with 70 pound limbs.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. What are the chances of finding cam's or modules for these bows? Not worth it to replace limbs that could get pricey. Might just sell them.
        Last edited by NaClH2O_therapy; 08-08-2012, 07:37 PM.

Comment

IMO it would not be worth the time and effort spent trying to find all the components necessary to make the changes you want. You are dealing with equipment that is very old technology. If you were to find it from an individual, there is no telling the condition it will be in, and if not then you would have to go directly to the manufacturer and that will be pricey, if they even have it still.

Comment

Working...
          X