shoot thru mesh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shoot thru mesh

This will be my first year in a pop up blind. I have a gorrilla blind with the shoot thru mesh. What is your thoughts on using the shoot thru mesh? Do I have to worry about it changing the flight of the arrow for under a 20 yd shot? Any suggestions or advice?

never affected my shots . 20 yards or less was fine.

Comment

have killed basically all of my animals with mush and some out past 30 yards and have no affectd shots i love that stuff

Comment

No effect with my shuttles, grizz tricks or St's.

Comment

well it sounds like I have nothing to worry about, thanks guys!

Comment

Sweet. I've been too chicken to try. Decent bucks don't come often where I hunt, so I've always used an open window. You might try shooting through the mesh to a target before you take that chance. Just my 2 cents...

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
              Sweet. I've been too chicken to try. Decent bucks don't come often where I hunt, so I've always used an open window. You might try shooting through the mesh to a target before you take that chance. Just my 2 cents...
              thought of trying that but not sure how hard it is to find replacements for my blind. Are they easy to replace?

Comment

Ive killed about 20ish deer with shoot thru mesh. Dont be skeerd

Now im not turning this into a mech vs fixed.

Rage was about a 50/50 split on staying locked or popping open. I even added a band.

Grim Reapers opened more than that. (as did most jack knife styles)

Blood Runners worked perfectly of course.

But i am a fixed blade guy thats no secret. But if i wanted to shoot mechs thru net it would be blood runners.

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                  thought of trying that but not sure how hard it is to find replacements for my blind. Are they easy to replace?
                  Very easy.

Comment

You'd have to contact the company or the dealer of your blind for info on replacements... I'm not sure, just running some ideas past you before you make that important release of the arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jathomas437 View Post
                      You'd have to contact the company or the dealer of your blind for info on replacements... I'm not sure, just running some ideas past you before you make that important release of the arrow.
                      Its super easy to get. And cheap. Ive replaced alot of mine over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        Its super easy to get. And cheap. Ive replaced alot of mine over the years.
                        Would I just contact Gorilla?

Comment

Hate to add to the confusion, but.. if the mesh does throw your arrow off kilt, your bow needs tunning. Hopefuly it is before this point. The mesh will only amplify the flaws in your arrow flight if your bow is out of tune. That's the theory I've read many times, not from personal experience. Another good reason to practice shooting at a target.

Comment

Would I just contact Gorilla?
                            Yes. And there are others you can material from. Most all companies sell replacement windows.

Comment

well it sounds like I have nothing to worry about, thanks guys!
                              Don't wait until hunting season to try shooting through your mesh..........

Do it NOW, that way you know for yourself what to expect.

Comment

Working...
                              X