No announcement yet.

D strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you tie in the nocks tight, there is no way of slippage. Make sure that when you tie in the nock its where you want it, or you will have to cut it off and start over. I set my location clip on my hemastat, put the bow in my press, put a knock for a spacer and start tying! I use Brownell #4 if you have 3D that will work also. I try to keep things simple and not spend a bunch of $ that you don't have to. I don't charge for this when someone buys the bow from me but it is time consuming.

Comment

3children

Thanks for all the info! I didn't realize that you were a dealer/shop. What brands do you sell. I'm kicking around the idea of getting a recurve (that I can hunt with). I'm currently shooting a Martin Bengal. This is my first compound so I didn't want to invest a whole lot of coin on my first rig. Martin has a low/middle end recurve that sells for about $150. Any suggestions on inexpensive recurves that will hunt? I have no problem buying used gear either. I only bought my compound new because I kept getting out bid on ebay for the bows I was going after.

Thanks

CP

Comment

I just use brass nocks above and below. Then tie D-loop outside of them. My hunting bow and 3-D bow are both done this way.

Comment

Working...
        X