Rehabilitation - Prisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    Nope, we are the best at locking people up. You might even call this part of a freedom index. Of which we have little these days.
    Admittedly, I had to Google FI

Why do we lock so many ppl up?

And those talking about prison is a piece if cake...
    Ask those 7 folks that got killed in SC the other day

But you know you MUST work in prison, right?

And "free education" in prison? LoL
    Hahahahaha
    Yah, ok.

And free food???
    You know those 7ppl in that prison in SC died because of the horrible food in prison, right?
    It started as a riot because of being served baloney sandwiches for so long

I've talked to folks that have been in jail.
    They all say it's not really food and you should never eat the "lunch meat"

Comment

"Distrust all those in whom the urge to punish is strong."

“If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.”
      ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Life is an evolutionary process. If we allow it to take its course. I've made so, so many egregious mistakes in life - and I'll make some more in the few years that I have remaining ... but I choose to think that I have the worst of them out of the way. Because I've paid attention, I've observed and I've listened. And because I've been forgiven. Hence, I've evolved from a ****-poor start in life into becoming a person that I've come to terms with. And it only took about 65 or 70 years.

Certainly some will take issue with this post... And I don't care.
      Bob Lee
      Last edited by boblee; 04-17-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Think we're confusing higher education with corrective punishment.
        "Sentenced to" shouldn't mean the same thing as "you've been accepted to"
        I think we're trying to be dismissive of an argument to avoid discussing the merits.

Teaching trade skills to inmates and attempting to modify their behavior to reduce recidivism rates does not get in the way of their punishment. They're still in prison: they have to sleep in a cell, eat ****ty food, do whatever guards tell them, work, etc.

Comment

Rehabilitation - Prisons

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
          Admittedly, I had to Google FI

Why do we lock so many ppl up?

And those talking about prison is a piece if cake...

Ask those 7 folks that got killed in SC the other day

But you know you MUST work in prison, right?

And "free education" in prison? LoL

Hahahahaha

Yah, ok.

And free food???

You know those 7ppl in that prison in SC died because of the horrible food in prison, right?

It started as a riot because of being served baloney sandwiches for so long

I've talked to folks that have been in jail.

They all say it's not really food and you should never eat the "lunch meat"

Its a business. All the *******s they are raking over the coals for cash way offset the cost of imprisoning people. Plus its just tax dollars, the govt doesnt mind that expense one bit. Fines, court fees, years of probation fees, years of parole fees, then the big pay day for any govt politician; sweetheart contracts to service the jails. Those will result in kickbacks and campaign contributions. There are lots of private prisons. Thats ****ing scary.

If there is one thing I learned in this life is that if you cant determine the motivation for something sinister than bet its the almighty dollar. Always was until virtue signaling dissociated itself with profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Ætheling; 04-17-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

^^^ Rule #1: Follow the money

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              Its a business. All the *******s they are raking over the coals for cash way offset the cost of imprisoning people. Plus its just tax dollars, the govt doesnt mind that expense one bit. Fines, court fees, years of probation fees, years of parole fees, then the big pay day for any govt politician; sweetheart contracts to service the jails. Those will result in kickbacks and campaign contributions. There are lots of private prisons. Thats ****ing scary.

If there is one thing I learned in this life is that if you cant determine the motivation for something sinister than bet its the almighty dollar. Always was until virtue signaling dissociated itself with profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Bingo. Locking people up is big $$$$! Crime really does pay. Private prisons make millions, and trade prisoners like Pokemon cards, cashing in on incentives for taking on new prisoners, when in reality, they just swapped cards with buddy Joe, who also owns a prison. They have it figured to the tenth of a cent, what each prisoner cost a yr. Unless it's a state program, or goverment funding, they are spending no money on rehabilitation.
              If drugs, and crime didn't pay, why would they incarcerate you for everything? They pass a law,, cops back it up, you fight the system lol. Brainwashed.

Comment

I'm torn on this subject. One part of me says let the rot. They other says try to fix them.

I will say that the percentage of those that are incarcerated and become productive citizens after release is infinitesimally small.

I'm an engineer so I tend to go with the numbers.

Comment

My son is a Sargent at a large prison, I could tell you some stories.

Comment

****in gotta love when people who are on everyones ignore list for being completely incoherent in 99% of anything they post, slam up a wiki page as proof of some point they want to make.
                    Its prison... you are not supposed to want to go there.
                    Being there should be a horrible terrible experience.
                    Period.

Comment

10x10 box, no light, no chair, no clothes, no bed, no sounds, concrete floor. - 1st offense they get 1 year, every offense after that add a year to it.

Comment

Beans , rice and water. No tv, no rec room, no entertainment. 1 hr a day out of the cell and in the sunlight. Gives you 23 hrs a day to think about getting your sh*t together to keep your arse out of this hell hole.

Freedom vs. No Freedom.
                        Rehab on that.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          ****in gotta love when people who are on everyones ignore list for being completely incoherent in 99% of anything they post, slam up a wiki page as proof of some point they want to make.
                          Its prison... you are not supposed to want to go there.
                          Being there should be a horrible terrible experience.
                          Period.
                          The dude is a complete tool. Does Soros pay people to troll hunting websites?

Comment

Like I said my son is a Seargent at a large prison in Abilene, he eats the same food as the offenders most of the time. They get fed decent meals there and receive good medical care. By the way, do you know how many guards have been assaulted by "good" offenders?

Comment

Public executions is the real deterrent. Let the condemned criminal die by the same method as the victim. I know there are thousands of liberal studies that will argue that capital punishment does nothing to deter violent crime but I believe none of any liberal hogwash. The real rehabilitation comes from the years of wearing a ball and chain at hard labor. A lot of states (California comes to mind) could use the labor force to clean up the roadside trash and repair the infrastructure for all the passersby to witness everyday as they go about their lawful existence. Prison farms to feed themselves and learn the fruits of honest labor. What they don't eat could be sold off to help build more prisons and update existing. Sheriff Joe model could run the whole thing.

Comment

Those are old stats- the newly released research shows the rearrest rate is actually going down for the first time in a long time. People often confuse punishment (prison) with what happens after release.

Comment

Working...
                                X