No announcement yet.

Head cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody that will eat a chicken egg ought to eat anything!

Comment

My dad put a special request to provide a wild hog's head to make head cheese. Any suggestions or resources on what I need to do before I hand it over to him? I haven't found much help on the internet.

Comment

For those that don't have access to a Hog head or Pigs feet you can get the same exact results using boston butt, Pork Picnic and unflavored gelatin.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
          For those that don't have access to a Hog head or Pigs feet you can get the same exact results using boston butt, Pork Picnic and unflavored gelatin.
          x 2 ... listen to Josh ^^^ as he owns a meat market and sells boudin, cracklin, specialty meats, and knows his way around the Cajun kitchen. His daddy is an alright guy too

Comment

Been a while since I have had good headcheese next trip back home I might have to pick some up.

Comment

My Grandmother, Mother and wife(Swede, Swede/Norski , German) made headcheese once in awhile .
              One of my fondest memories was snowshoeing with two buddies 5 miles into an old bush camp, lighting up an old "tin hellion" we had there in an old horse barn and toasting up the frozen headcheese sandwiches the wife had made for us that morning .
              We didn't shoot any moose that day 40 some years ago but we sure had fun trying .

Comment

RaginCagin is right about using the unflavored gelatin and boston butt. Since I live close an Asian market I can get anything you can think of. Haha..

Comment

Working...
                X